Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric chainsaw

Never seen an electric that had a clutch. Drive gears are hooked directly to the motor. Maybe those 400 and 600 dollar ones do but you’ll have to spend your own money to find out.
    Tom King, thanks for the offer. I got everything back together and it works fine and oils as normal. Only 1 screw left over so that’s a near record for me. It was about 5 years old. Once I started assemble it was pretty obvious it went into the tube from the oil tank to the pump that makes a 90 degree turn.
    Last edited by Michael Weber; 11-29-2022 at 5:46 PM.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Chaps are not hard like I had thought. They are a quilted fabric that the saw grabs and winds up onto the sproket jamming it to stall the engine, turning it off until the cord is pulled again. An electric motor may jam but it is still under power and might be able to spin at a low rpm.
    Note a chain saw will not cut a carpet to fit in the trash.
    Bill D

Husqvarna no longer makes their corded saw, battery only. It has an automatic recoil chain brake that also turns off a switch.
    Bill D.

We had a catalog in the mail, (Sharper Image?) that had a battery operated chain saw meant to carve the turkey with.
    😂