Thread: WTB: Laguna Driftmaster fence

WTB: Laguna Driftmaster fence

Seems these have been discontinued / NLA for a while now but I’m looking to add one to my 20” bandsaw. I am unaware of any other fence like this one in design, but certainly open to other brands if there’s anything comparable or better that’s available.

Lightly used / new in box is preferred.

Thanks,

Phillip
    Still waters run deep.

Blog Entries
    I’d like one as well.
    I’m surprised they quit making it. Either it doesn’t work near as well as it appears it would or they missed out marketing a good design.

I don’t understand it either. From all accounts that I’ve heard or seen the fences are great and work very well; the micro adjust feature is obviously very useful for sawing veneers or adjusting for joinery.

There was a barely used one that came up for sale on this site a while back but I was 2nd in line and missed out.
    Still waters run deep.

This is terrible news. I have one with standard and tall fences. I'd sell my 18" saw before I would sell the fence! If you find one, pay the price (probably jacked up). There used to be a guy there (Laguna) that was very responsive to this forum. But he's gone now. I learned so much from him.

This ad just popped up on the Austin CL. Hope it helps.

https://austin.craigslist.org/tls/7568280065.html

Thanks Keegan. I sent an email inquiring about shipping. 30kg box is going hurt these days on shipping costs, but may be worth it due to being discontinued.
    Still waters run deep.

Phillip, I don't know if you're familiar with the OWWM (Old WoodWorking Machines) website but they have this thing called a "rucker", named for one of their members. A rucker involves different OWWM members from across the country banding together to move machines. It's as simple as a forum on their website where members seek ruckers noting the location of the item they are purchasing or have purchased and the destination location. I cannot recall what the machine or machine parts I bought from a fellow in San Diego, CA but he was driving to the Dakotas at some point passing through Oklahoma City on I-35. Another member was going to be in OKC at that time and agreed he'd meet the guy and deliver it to DFW where I'm originally from. He hung onto it for a couple of weeks and when I visited family there we arranged to meet. I gave him $20 to help pay for his trouble. Hopefully, you get the idea. Might be an option. Good luck!

Did you get it?