Thread: Big brother is watching...thanks for the help Amazon

Big brother is watching...thanks for the help Amazon

In my pathetic attempt to purchase tools at a discount, I called and ordered the Delta DRUM (thanks for the correction guys) sander from amazon trying to use every discount under the sun. Unfortunately, I could not combine the $100 off Delta and $150 off a $750 order. It did give me $100 off $750 though so I guess $200 isn't bad.

While ordering, I was trying to explain what I was trying to do with the discounts and the guy on the other end said "I know, I read your post on Sawmill Creek". I guess it is encouraged for them to monitor the various woodworking sites so they know what their customers are saying. BTW, he is a woodworker too. I guess Amazon isn't getting too big to care about us here. Now if we could just get a focus group discount.... Oh yeah, I still need another code for the 15" planer. I don't know how much longer the promo will last but I have reason to believe it will end in the next 3-4 days so help please!

To the Amazon guys, keep up the good work although I don't believe you actually get paid to surf the net, what's a guy got to do to get a gig like that?
    There are two kinds of people in this world, those who say there are two kinds of people and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Smith
    In my pathetic attempt to purchase tools at a discount, I called and ordered the Delta DRUM (thanks for the correction guys) sander from amazon trying to use every discount under the sun. Unfortunately, I could not combine the $100 off Delta and $150 off a $750 order. It did give me $100 off $750 though so I guess $200 isn't bad.

While ordering, I was trying to explain what I was trying to do with the discounts and the guy on the other end said "I know, I read your post on Sawmill Creek". I guess it is encouraged for them to monitor the various woodworking sites so they know what their customers are saying. BTW, he is a woodworker too. I guess Amazon isn't getting too big to care about us here. Now if we could just get a focus group discount.... Oh yeah, I still need another code for the 15" planer. I don't know how much longer the promo will last but I have reason to believe it will end in the next 3-4 days so help please!

To the Amazon guys, keep up the good work although I don't believe you actually get paid to surf the net, what's a guy got to do to get a gig like that?
    Okay, so does that mean that the one time use coupon for $100 off a $500 order can't be combined with the $150 off $750 promo they are doing now? And we can't combine the free shipping coupon with that?

If that's the case, I think I'll take my trailer with me when I go to Rockler this weekend, and just buy my BS outright, take it home, and not hassle with the shipping--especially since Rockler's price is already $150 below the Amazon price, and they have a 10% promo going on now. But that makes my decision on Powermatic vs. Jet a little more difficult.

Just guessing: they applied the Delta $100 discount first, which moved the price below the threshold for the $150 Amazon discount.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Actually, both promos are not supposed to be combinable (is that a word?) There is a glitch on their site where the first $100 is automatically applied and then you would have to put in the code to get the next $50, which is not allowed. Homer, if this put you in the Rockler camp, why not help a brother out and send me your codes
    There are two kinds of people in this world, those who say there are two kinds of people and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Smith
    Actually, both promos are not supposed to be combinable (is that a word?) There is a glitch on their site where the first $100 is automatically applied and then you would have to put in the code to get the next $50, which is not allowed. Homer, if this put you in the Rockler camp, why not help a brother out and send me your codes
    If I could, I would! I've been begging for some codes, too. I think my wife may have accidentally (and I believe her) threw away those codes. I spent some time looking through the usual places that my mail gets dropped last night, and couldn't find it. If I do find it, though, it's yours.