Thread: Industrial production (in the US)

Exclamation Industrial production (in the US)

I think a number of fellow pro and enthusiasts can like this movie: https://youtu.be/dvtyzEwuEzQ

Please, Mr. Moderator, erase this post if it was already posted previously.

I hope you enjoy.
    All the best.

Osvaldo.

Blog Entries
    Neat-O! I will try to post an image of the stacks of walnut here on the banks of the Missouri River. They have moved up to higher ground after being washed away in 93.

Where a lot of Walnut comes from.
    Missouri Pacific Lumber – Missouri Pacific Lumber Company
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-13-2022 at 3:17 PM. Reason: "Walnut from the banks of the Missouri River"
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Neat-O! I will try to post an image of the stacks of walnut here on the banks of the Missouri River. They have moved up to higher ground after being washed away in 93.

Where a lot of Walnut comes from.
    Missouri Pacific Lumber – Missouri Pacific Lumber Company
    I know the Pascagula family well. Jerry's father Louie started a sawmill close to me in Pekin, IL. Jerry's grandson now runs that operation. They shut that sawmill down years ago, but continue as a wood and millwork supplier. Great tool store too.

Blog Entries
    Our Family has gotten to know them fairly well too. They are a first class bunch with strong values. Dad and Younger Brother have done a lot of work for them. They occasionally break protocol and sell me a little lumber. Think their minimum order is supposed to be 10,000 BDFT.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    That Thomas Moser Video is Excellent. The 5 axis CNC is really Rad. Youtube put this video about Jim Olson in my "up next". It is good too. Lots of parallels to Moser. I would be happy to be the Janitor and clean the toilets in either shop. What Jim Olson says about CNC has me thinking I have waited too Long to think about getting and learning to use one.

Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-16-2022 at 9:37 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Really loved that Thomas Moser video. What a great company. They make beautiful pieces. Thanks Osvaldo.

I was gifted a "Customer in Residence" week at Thomas Moser(retirement and next 10 birthdays gift) in 2020 and Covid shut the program down for '20, 21' and '22 and not sure if
    '23 will be available yet. i do lots of flat work(hobby fun) and am fascinated by the sculptural curves of their chairs so I plan to build the Pasadena rocker. Hopefully they will reopen the program for '23. We visited a Moser show room and the Lie Nielsen facility on a NE trip and both were great to experience. When I got back to Seattle I sharpened my planes and chisels
    just to get motivated! Happy Holidays.

I saw the Moser video the other day...it's a real nice, albeit quick, look into their business and production setup. Tom is an "idol" of mine and I really appreciate that not only is the company still thriving, but they have adapted nicely to using technology where it makes sense while still embracing the hand assembly, fitting and finishing by individual woodworkers that makes their stuff so nice. I have all of Tom's books and have built several projects over the years that were the same or adapted from the designs in those books. Anyone visiting Maine should try and schedule a visit/tour with them for sure...it's on my bucket list!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...