Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K chisels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    There is a lot to be said for reaching for a beautiful chisel on your bench, uplifting and inspirational! I gave all my ugly ones away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    I believe that as well William. If woodworking is your hobby or profession nice tools make it more enjoyable.

Ron
    Yes, the feeling a tool lends to one's hand can make one want to use it more often and do better work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Jim, you’re a pretty darn good woodturner!!! Very nice curves and detail in that handle.
    Thanks John, most of the time I feel lucky if I can get a shape close to what is wanted. Though my feel for the lathe is getting better and I'm getting less catches to mess up the turning.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brese View Post
    I've turned quite a few of these. I've built some pretty good muscle memory. The hardest part of designing a chisel handle is figuring out how to finish off the end.

Ron
    I assume you mean the butt end? I turn mine, leave a ' nub ' and part it off - then I take a chisel and make quick work of the remainder, keeping the ' beaver teeth ' marks ( but much more subtle ) a la Krenov. ' let them know you were there '.

Very nice, as previously stated.

Dave B

Ron, you are definitely beyond the point where craft has become art.

Thanks Mike!!