Thread: Felder Bandsaw footbrake?

Felder Bandsaw footbrake?

I am looking at bandsaws and I noticed that none of the new bandsaws on the fb-group site have a foot brake. Do they have electric brakes or they don’t have them at all? I didn’t see them available as an option🤪
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

My Felder bandsaw came with a footbrake. I got it new about a year ago.

I'd call them.

I have the first gen' 600, and it has a brake. Look at the pictures on the website and you'll see a cover plate attached over a slot for the brake pedal.

The N2-35 ... I don't know how they'd do it with a separate pedestal base.

I spoke with a Felder sales rep today and he said that the foot brake is a $179 option on the FB510 and FB610.

It came standard on my FB510 when I bought it (approx. 6 years ago). Maybe Felder changed the pricing options.

I just bought an A3-41 from them and was considering a package deal with the FB510 for a decent price. However, it was all optioned out foot brake,extension mounts, extensions,etc

The deciding factor was that the extensions are not interchangeable with the A3-41.

Its a nice saw and I may look at it again

I got the electronic brake on my FB710. I'm +/- as to whether that was a good or bad idea compared with a foot brake. It certainly takes longer to stop.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

If you want it to stop quickly without a foot break, seems like a bit of scrap is a good stop-gap solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    If you want it to stop quickly without a foot break, seems like a bit of scrap is a good stop-gap solution.
    Except the foot brake also kills power without having to get to the main switch/emergency stop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Except the foot brake also kills power without having to get to the main switch/emergency stop.
    Sure, I've got one. Foot brake > Off Switch. I was talking about cases when the saw doesn't have one equipped, and it's a larger 17" model, like a few sold by Grizzly. Having a dedicated piece of scrap serves a similar purpose to the footbreak: stopping the still turning wheels after the power is off, rather than waiting a minute or two.