Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News from LN on upcoming productions

Jim. I have an admiration for tools and how I can express myself with them. So
    I'm like you. One day I'll have also the "3's and below" in my tool chest.
    Just now LN released a no 3 made of iron so I was thinking about getting it...
    still thinking also because the bronze would be heavier
    and I can wait
    I appreciate your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Haitham Jaber View Post
    Just now LN released a no 3 made of iron so I was thinking about getting it...
    still thinking also because the bronze would be heavier
    and I can wait
    If you want it, you should grab the iron #3. Once available they sell out fast. The weight difference is negligible - 1/2 pound and actually a lighter #3 is probably preferable for most of the smoothing operations you’ll do with it. The bronze may be more attractive to you, but you’ll likely have to wait quite a while to get one. LN is having a lot of issues with their bronze tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    If you want it, you should grab the iron #3. Once available they sell out fast. The weight difference is negligible - 1/2 pound and actually a lighter #3 is probably preferable for most of the smoothing operations you’ll do with it. The bronze may be more attractive to you, but you’ll likely have to wait quite a while to get one. LN is having a lot of issues with their bronze tooling.
    Yes it's attractive.
    The Bronze no.4 I own has a nice weight to it

Blog Entries
    For me #1 is great for smoothing small depressed areas in large panels. The small sole combined with chipbreaker is uniquely suited for this job.