Thread: Bouncing Bulb

Bouncing Bulb

Was changing bulbs in the bathroom when I fumbled one. It is a 4" globe and it is glass. It fell 3ft to the granite surface!!!

It bounced and fell to the floor. Ended up spinning in the corner. My lucky day.

Blog Entries
    Quick Tom! Buy a lottery ticket!
    I saw a grown man cry one day when he dropped an antique fixture with a bulb that his grandfather had installed. It had been functioning for 75 years he thought. He proceeded to tell me about a bulb in a fire station in Ireland that had been on for 100 years I wonder if he had the story right?
    Longest burning light bulb | Guinness World Records
    Best Regards, Maurice

Congratulations on not breaking it. I hope you were following the 5 pages of instructions: https://ehs.yale.edu/sites/default/f...b-changing.pdf

The strength of glass can be surprising.

Some people are born lucky. Others, not so much .
    I dropped a tulip bulb one time it just shattered

Early ‘70’s I worked in a glass factory. Motors running conveyors, compressors blowing hot air, fans blowing cool air, forklifts moving products; it was pretty loud. But these were loud low pitched sounds, the higher pitch klink of glass hitting concrete was unique.

I worked on the Hunt’s Ketchup line.
    It was a tradition when you heard a bottle hit the floor everyone on the line would stop what they were doing and count out the number of bounces. If it ended with the slightly lower pitched “crackle” as it broke we followed with “aaahhh”, if not we clapped and cheered. I think our record was six bounces without breaking.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.