Thread: HELP! Need Container Shipping Broker!

HELP! Need Container Shipping Broker!

Hello Gang....

I am taking a wild stab here. I used to have an address for a container space broker who sold limited, space available space on shipping containers. Unfortunately, I have lost that number. This is for a less than load or LTL shipment on an ocean going container.

I need to move one or two pallets from england to the united states. Total weight about 2000 to 2500 pounds. Pallets can be stacked if needed.

Right now, I am looking at South Hampton to Edison New Jersey.

So if any of you guys can help me move a machine, please PM me. I can move it from Edison home. No worries. Any other US port in which there is a bonded warehouse will also work. Inspection of goods on arrival welcome.

Oh Yah, is this woodworking related. You Betcha! Shop Tour pending completion!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

I am guessing that you have located your Wadkin TS
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Lets see. You in Colorado?
    Find a seed dealer in your area that sells overseas.
    Maybe they can put you in contact with someone.

Dev,
    We get containers in from china with raw materials. If you need I can ask our client who brokers these and it seems that any broker would handle containers on a world wide basis. If you can't get help here pm me.
    Ed

Freight Forwarder help

Dev,

We use DHL/Danzas for all our international shipments which includes bonded warehouses. They have offices worldwide, so I'd check locally. They might be able to help on a consolidation which would entail shipping your equipment along with someone else. Happens all the time.

Good Luck

Freight Forwarder Contact near Edison

I've used the following folks to consolidate export shipments from the US (port of Newark):

OPT Overseas Project Transport Inc., 46, SELLERS STREET, KEARNY, NEW JERSEY 07032. TEL : (201) 998-7771

If they can't help they can recommend someone for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ballent
    I am guessing that you have located your Wadkin TS
    I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.....

I use DHL to bring in wood from South america and some from africa, generally only have about 1/2 of the mid sized containers. If you need a US contact name, my daughters best friends mom is the regional VP for DHL and I would be happy to ask her for a name tomorrow if you like.

Congrats! Email Chuck Hess, he has lots of experience! Where are the pics???
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

I think Yellow Motor Freight can handle this for you for one, I have used in the past, great people, http://www.myyellow.com/dynamic/serv...=yfscjcoverage Also have used BAX Global, another great group of people, http://www.baxworld.com/CorporateSit...anFreight.aspx
    Now I have used companys in Atlanta , I think you are suppose to be in Colorado, but here is another one, http://www.pilotair.com/default.asp?...t/whatsnew.asp, I think they specialize in Air Freight.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy London
    I use DHL to bring in wood from South america and some from africa, generally only have about 1/2 of the mid sized containers. If you need a US contact name, my daughters best friends mom is the regional VP for DHL and I would be happy to ask her for a name tomorrow if you like.
    Hey Andy, do you have to let the wood sit in quarantine for a while before you get it home? Aren't they afraid of you bringing in monkey pox disease or equine ebola pox or something?

Now we get to see some more of those neato machines from Dev. Pics, Pics, Pics.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy London
    What I should do is call DHL in the morning and see what they say. Right now, I am working out the details of the deal so nothing is in concrete yet. Lets keep the fingers that I have not yet sawn off crossed.

Just Kidding. I still have all ten digits.

hope you got what your looking for Dev. And yes how about pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Mitchell
    hope you got what your looking for Dev. And yes how about pics.
    Guys, no pics yet! I am trying to explore the shipping options at this point. Any deals are a long ways off. Its easy to get space from Hong Kong. Its gets harder when one goes to england or europe. Hey, maybe if I hold my thumb out, I can hitch a ride with Papa Grizz' stuff. But I doubt he is going my way however. Maybe on Hamburg - Sud. We will see if this all pans out.