Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two More Telephone Email Scams Today

Our landline has an answering machine with a simple message..."Please leave a message after the beep.". Amazing how well this does for spammers....none have left a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Here's one of my favorites from Tom Mabe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvXxnSEQKY&ab
    Damn. That's funny.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    My wife and I have both done that sort of thing. One time we had some boob on the phone for 15 minutes. Any more I have no patience. I've taken to answering the land line with "Vinnie's Pizza". It shuts the scammers down immediately and the few folks we know that call that number are already in on the gag.

Here's one of my favorites from Tom Mabe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvXxnSEQKY&ab
    Well, the "Vinnie's Pizza" gaga got a chuckle this morning. Phone rings. I'm thinking medicare supplement huckster? Extended car warranty? Cable TV? So I answer.

Me: Vinnie's Pizza
    Caller: Huh? Can I speak to Robert?
    Me: Who's calling?
    Caller: This is XXXXX from Lee Valley Customer Service.
    Me: Doh! I'm sorry. We get lots of spam calls and answering the phone that way usually shuts them right down.
    Caller: That's clever!

We went on to have a delightful conversation about an exchange involving a tool I just received that had some problems. In their typical first class manner they're taking care of me with good cheer and expediency.

@Rob Lee - I didn't catch her name (we were too busy laughing) but she was a real peach. Kudos to the whole Lee Valley team.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.