Thread: Fireman flag

Fireman flag

The Fire department that my son works for has a family day for it's members and their family members. He ask me to make something that could be given as one of the door prizes they give out. This is my contribution this year. Carving was done with a CNC, the wood is Cherry and the finish is spray lacquer.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice work, Bobby, and a great cause! What part of LA? We're in NW LA.
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

NE of Baton Rouge, checked out your youtube channel, some very nice videos, will definitely be checking some of them out.

Bobby
    Louisisna
    Last edited by Bobby McCarley; 02-07-2023 at 7:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    For a while in my youth I thought I was a fairly rugged and capable person... Then I attended fire training classes. Hats off to our first responders! That is a great contribution!
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby McCarley View Post
    NE of Baton Rouge, checked out your youtube channel, some very nice videos, will definitely be checking some of them out.

Bobby
    Louisisna
    Thanks! Holler if you get up this way and we can visit over coffee.
    David

Thanks David. I actually was born in Shreveport, grew up in Alexandria, then after graduating moved to Baton Rouge and married. I still have relatives in those areas.
    I also took a look at your Instagram pictures and commend you on some very nice work. How long have you been doing Luthier work? One of my cousins plays Bluegrass
    and builds custom guitars as a hobby.

Take care
    Bobby

Thanks David. I actually was born in Shreveport, grew up in Alexandria, then after graduating moved to Baton Rouge and married. I still have relatives in those areas.
    I also took a look at your Instagram pictures and commend you on some very nice work. How long have you been doing Luthier work? One of my cousins plays Bluegrass
    and builds custom guitars as a hobby.

Take care
    Bobby
    Similar here, Bobby. Born in Shrevesville, lived in Bossier City but at 6 months old we moved to Corpus Christi so my Dad could work at a refinery. About 8 years later we moved back to BC so he could start his own petroleum lab and I've been here ever since.

I began dabbling with guitars from around 1985 or so and have sort had my hand in it since then. Later today I'll post another video to YouTube and this one will be a brief look at building my first acoustic guitar from scratch but concentrating on French polishing the top. At some point I'd like to do a full build video but that's going to take a bit of time. Going back five years to see what I shot video on and what still shots will work when there are over 1,100 from which to choose definitely means a long video and a lot of time to produce. Hopefully, I'll be back to building guitars soon but I have three projects to complete first (two my wife wants and one I want... guess which will come first )

Is your cousin near me?

Glad you like my work - I have a blast doing this kind of work!
    Last edited by David Falkner; 02-08-2023 at 4:51 PM.
    David

The short guitar build video is posted - https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....c-guitar-build

Sorry for hijacking your thread!!
    David

David, glad you posted, I always enjoy hearing from fellow crafters who live near me. I will be sure to check out your new video.
    My cousin lives near Baton Rouge.

Bobby
    Louisiana

David, glad you posted, I always enjoy hearing from fellow crafters who live near me. I will be sure to check out your new video.
    My cousin lives near Baton Rouge.

Bobby
    Louisiana
    Well, then both of you are welcome to stop by for coffee and a good shop visit next time you head north.
    David