Thread: blum 563h question

blum 563h question

Hi, I went to install bloom soft close under mount slides using the bloom tool to bore the hole in the back of the drawer but it ended up placing the hole in the wrong spot for the right hand slide. The left hand slide hole is fine.

Looking at the slides they have different pins at the back and it looks like they need the whole bored at different distances from the edge of the drawer.

Am I missing something? Am I using the wrong tool?

I have attached some pictures to visually show what I mean.

Thank you

IMG_20230216_110745138.jpg

IMG_20230216_110343039.jpg
    Last edited by Julio Vargas; 02-16-2023 at 3:17 PM.

The holes in back are the same on both sides.

As Jamie said, the holes are the same on both sides. The pin on the slides is adjustable to make it possible to adjust the drawer front's alignment. Maybe the one on the right-hand slide got moved from its nominal position.

John

Ahhh ok, that is probably what happened. I will try to adjust and install. Thank you for the input.

You need to slide the jig all the way to the outside of drawer bottom. It’s easy to accidentally slide it to the wrong side of the slot when drilling. Also, you don’t need the jig. Just set finished drawer on your installed slides and push it against the pins. It’ll leave a perfect little centering mark for your drill bit.

Looking at your first picture, it appears the pin on the one on the left in the picture is rotated and the part that rotates it is pulled out to the left. I think if it is put back in the position of the one on the right that you will be good to go. Then check John TenEyck post to use the pin adjustment for alignment if needed.