Thread: table saw blade

table saw blade

OK,
    I'm buying a new ts blade and don't want to spend more than 50 bucks, but I want a good performer. I am looking at a 50 tooth combo blade by irwin from woodcraft and the dewalt dw7657. Is systimatic still around? Their blades seem pricey though. What are your thoughts? I saw somewhere on the net that supposedly the dewalt 7657 is as good as a forest ww2, but I'm skeptical of that.

Aaron,
    I have that dewalt and a Forrest WWII....in some ways the dewalt seems even better! Its a great deal
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Ridge Carbide TS200

This one costs more up front, but in the long run you will spend less. I just got one back from them having been sharpened and a tooth replaced for $25 including shipping. It cuts even better than new and better than my freshly sharpened WWII. Someone once told me" pay me now or pay me later" I find that this is true.

CPeter

The Forrest and the Ridge Carbide are the best I've used...unfortunately both are fairly expensive. The DW7657 has a very similar design to the Forrest and has been highly rated. At ~ $50, I'd give the DW a shot over the Irwin...in fact I ordered one last week.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The 40-ish tooth combo blade from Amana's "Prestige" line is being advertised at a discount price of 49.95, and it is a full-kerf, solid performer. This blade might just make your woodworking more...more...prestigious.

What about Dimar blades? I see Lee Valley has some of theirs.

Systimatic is still around. Do a web search and you'll find several hits. I got my 2 Systimatic's from, that famous on line auction place. Paid around $40.00 or less for each of them, both brand spankin' new. One is a combo blade, then I got one for cutting solid surface material when I thought I was going to use Corian for my yet to be built router table. I've been happy with both.
    That's what moving into a house that has a separate building for the shop, that needs lots of TLC, will do for you...stop all your projects dead in the water!! I wonder if I can still find my plans??? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

DW Prices/Package Deals????

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer
    The Forrest and the Ridge Carbide are the best I've used...unfortunately both are fairly expensive. The DW7657 has a very similar design to the Forrest and has been highly rated. At ~ $50, I'd give the DW a shot over the Irwin...in fact I ordered one last week.
    I wonder who's got the best prices on the DeWalt's, and if there are any package deals for them around. I'm thinking about trying one of those 7657's myself, and I also need one of their "Fine Trim Cutting" 12" blades for my mitre saw.
    Last edited by Norman Hitt; 01-29-2006 at 7:16 PM.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt
    I wonder who's got the best prices on the DeWalt's, and if there are any package deals for them around. I'm thinking about trying one of those 7657's myself, and I also need one of their "Fine Trim Cutting" 12" blades for my mitre saw.
    Amazon has it for $48 with free s/h.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....