Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for JobControl 6 for Trotec Speedy 100 8003

Update: Got the machine working. It was a Com port setting in my VirtualBox software running XP that I missed. Now just wondering if I can update the firmware a bit in hopes of using a bit more modern software - we'll see. It's on version 1.18 now (engraver software version) and engraver model version is 3.01. Has only 34 hours on the tube, while the machine has 647 hours on it.

*** However, I cannot "print" a job to Job Control. Using CorelDraw X4 (for XP). When sending a job it just hangs in the spooler. Per the manual I have the Trotec printer driver set to LPT1 (and not the actual COM port used). Any insights? ***

Another update: I figured it out. Had to have the driver print to "TROTEC:" in the list of ports (not LPT1 or any other Com port). I found this by scouring the Internet as it was not mentioned in any of my documentation (the "help" file in Job Control explicitly said to set it to LPT1). Now to work on trying to make things a bit more modern if I can (firmware update, newer Job Control, etc.) but that may prove to be a challenge with a 2001 machine. At least the thing works now and I'm pretty happy.
    Last edited by Thomas Dudek; 10-03-2023 at 8:34 AM.

What is your SP # Mine is 0925

Did you load the Trotec Print Driver....... Is it visible in the Printer & Faxes Directory.

Running 6.3.1 XP Pro Corel X6

Operating Hours 39,261 h 26 min

Laser Hours 7,500 11 min

1 Laser Recharge

Last edited by Mark Sipes; 10-05-2023 at 4:02 PM.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

My 8003 C25 is SP0704. Engraver software version is 1.18, and engraver model version is 3.01 (from the "information" screen in JC).

Would like to update the firmware as high as I can go, but no luck from Trotec yet.

Yes, Trotec print driver is loaded and seems to work ok.

I'm running XP (in VirtualBox on a Windows 10 machine), and in XP I have Job Control 6.4.5 and CorelDraw X4 and Vision Pro 6 (EngraveLab by CadLink). Machine has about 648 hours on it, but only 34 on the tube (from the "information" screen in JC). Now working on tweaking my engraving quality (just running on black anodized aluminum for now before I get another exhaust and air assit unit for it). Getting some strange results so far where the inside of a letter "T" on the top of it isn't engraved well but the edges and corners are. Never seen that before. Checked laser beam alignment and all is well (had to adjust the red dot pointer a bit, but that is mostly inconsequential). Have one more test to do that is outlined in the service manual but I ran out of time yesterday.
    Last edited by Thomas Dudek; 10-06-2023 at 10:43 AM.

Just call me. I bet I have the softwares to upgrade it. Sharp media group ask for chase, leave your number/email and I can probably help out.

Trotec finally responded and said my firmware version of 1.18 is the most recent for that machine. So I guess I'm stuck with what I have, but I can make it work I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dudek View Post
    Trotec finally responded and said my firmware version of 1.18 is the most recent for that machine. So I guess I'm stuck with what I have, but I can make it work I think.
    My Firmware is 1.22......... I recall only updating it once and really saw no change to the machines performance. I believe the install was per remote.....

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw