Thread: Laser head walking off

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laser head walking off

Hello, I'm having a problem with my epilog legend 36ext. Laser head is walking to the left while rastering at any speed. Home position is off to the left after running also. When running vector there are lines that are not connecting and placement of interior parts of a design will sometimes be pretty off. I have replaced the encoder strip and strip reader on the x axis. Also have replaced the flex cable from strip reader and the x axis belt. I've oiled everything I can think of. The gantry is straight. I have cleaned everything I can think of. Put a call into epilog support and the guy believes it might be the x axis motor. I'm not saying he is wrong but I'm not convinced enough to spend 800 on the replacement motor yet. The motor seems to be moving the laser head just fine. It seems like a placement problem. I'm far from an expert on this stuff so I'm wondering if there is any "reprogramming" that needs to be done after replacing the encoder strip. I looked at the manual and could find any good information about it. I would post pictures but I can't figure out how to on this forum. Any help is absolutely greatly appreciated. And please forgive me for my lack of knowledge on technical terms.
    Last edited by Jordan Lavely; 03-19-2023 at 7:33 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted before finishing