Geez, I'm mightly embarassed to make this post. I incorrectly wired the plug. I posted a message on Friday that I was having trouble getting my new 21" Grizzly BS to operate. The post generated a lot of dialogue and eventually the CEO of Grizzly stepped in and assurred me the company would work with me until the problem was solved. Allow me to outline what led to the problem and how it was resolved.

How I got there: I purchased a 20' whip and a 50 AMP angle plug for this machine so I could use the same outlet I use for my PM66. I carefully read the instructions for wiring and it said...when stripping the wires make the white one longer and connect to the flat neutral blade at the base of the Y. Just to make sure I was on track I took the back off the plug of the PM66 and sure enough the white wire was at the base of the Y. Wired the new plug the same way connected the wires to the BS (B-B, W-W, G to Ground). Turned the saw on and the results led to my original post.

How it was resloved: The gentleman that Mr. Balolia put on this problem called me within minutes of Mr. Balolia's post that Friday. We talked at length during several phone calls about possible solutions to the problem. Never, I repeat never, did he treat me like I was some novice fool woodworker. He was focused on helping me solve the problem and making it right. During the course of one of our conversations I mentioned I put a 50 AMP plug on the BS. He asked why so large and I explained I wanted it just like the PM. I also went on to tell him how I had wired it like the PM and described where I'd connected the wires. He said that might be a problem but he would get back to me. He called back in about an hour with this account....He had searched the internet for the specs on a plug similiar to the one I described, found something that looked like it, purchased it, wired it like I did, and connected to a Grizzly machine and guess what...same result. That night (after taking my wife out to dinner) I went back to the shop and rewired the plug..green to flat neutral blade, etc. Plugged it in and off it went. Also, the Grizzly Rep called me on Saturday from his home just to make sure everything was OK.

I probably took longer to describe these events than necessary but I felt an obligation to the members of this forum that responded to my post and the folks at Grizzly to tell what happened. Darn, I'm still embarassed!

PS. Some folks don't like heights, I don't like electricty. The PM was wired by an electrician and he obviously used the white for ground. On the advice of the Grizzly manager I rewired the PM so green was the ground. Man, that Grizzly 8" jointer will look good in my shop.

Thanks to all. tom