Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 35 Gallon Drum Liner Bag for Grizzly G0440

Blog Entries

35 Gallon Drum Liner Bag for Grizzly G0440

The parts list says these are 640mm x 1000mm. Long ago I came across a large quantity of no-name bags that just happened to work and am finally running out. Does anyone have a source for heavy duty poly bags in this size range? TIA
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glenn, I just ordered these for my smaller drum on my Oneida Mini Gorilla. It’s only a 17gal drum but it’s got a similar diameter to the larger drums, just shorter. Anyway, this brand has a million different sizes and thicknesses available on amazon.

Plasticplace 33 Gallon Trash Bags │ 2.0 Mil │ Clear Heavy Duty Garbage Can Liners │ 33" x 39" (100 Case) https://a.co/d/hVJKYp9

Glenn, I use these in the 35 gallon drum of my V3000 and they are very nice. They are taller than necessary since they fit up to 55 gallon drums, but the diameter is good and they are 3 mill so they don't tear or get holes in them easily. They are heavier and nicer than the typical drum liners I can find locally.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty sure it was Jim Becker that first made me aware of these.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

McMaster has a great selection of clear bags in well-specified sizes: https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/129/2039/4166T35

You can actually use 55 gallon bags that are available for a very reasonable price off Amazon in the smaller barrel. That's what I used with the SDD I had in the temporary gara-shop before the Harvey arrived. I'm now using the same bags to dump the Harvey bags into. (and reusing the Harvey bags in the machine) They are heavy weight and don't like to break with the stuff in them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

While we are close to the subject could someone remind me how to keep the bag from puffing up in the barrel. I remember reading about a simple method other than physically holding them down but can’t recall how it was done.

I use these in my 55 gallon drums to catch my sawdust and shavings. I can fold 6" over the sides with the bags all the way down on the inside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    The parts list says these are 640mm x 1000mm. Long ago I came across a large quantity of no-name bags that just happened to work and am finally running out. Does anyone have a source for heavy duty poly bags in this size range? TIA
    Glenn - happy to let you be the guinea pig on this question, as I was going to ask you, knowing you have the same DC as me. I am still dumping the bag that came with the unit so am interested to see how you (we) fare?
    Regards,

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    While we are close to the subject could someone remind me how to keep the bag from puffing up in the barrel. I remember reading about a simple method other than physically holding them down but can’t recall how it was done.
    When I had the 35 gal barrel under the SDD in the temporary gara shop, I opted for the Oneida plastic drum liner thingie (technical term... ) that you put inside the empty bag. It keeps the bag tight to the barrel skin while you fill it with dust and chips. When it's time to empty, you simply slip the plastic drum liner thingie up out of the bag and deal with the bag as you see fit.
    --

Liners

Glenn - I bought a box of 55 gallon drum liners and they would not fit in the drum.

I was doing a search for "overpack liners" but came up short. a 55 gallon drum fits in an overpack and I would think someone makes plastic liners for overpacks.

I also found this. Wondering if it could be cut down - would be reusable.Screenshot 2023-04-09 104959.jpg

Here are some other links to drum liners - need to verify diameters.

https://www.ba-industrial.com/AWSPro...Flexible-4-mil

https://www.ba-industrial.com/AWSPro...Tie-Top-10-mil

https://www.ba-industrial.com/AWSPro...n-Round-Bottom

https://www.grainger.com/category/ma...nt/drum-liners

Will try to do some more research during the week.
    Regards,

Kris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    I made this out of some FRP wall board from the BORG. Cut to size.
    New Shop (497).jpg
    Pop rivet the seam and add a couple of cord loops for handles.

New Shop (503).jpg
    And there you go.

New Shop (506).jpg
    I slip the bag over the "retainer", then drop the whole rig into the drum. When it is time to dump I just lift the retainer out via the cord handles, toss the bag, or dump and re-use.

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Circling back on this. These are the bags I ended up with at about a buck-thirty each. they are a good 10" too tall but this does not effect the latches or operation of the system so I'm good with it.

Old bags:

New DC Bags (1).jpg
    New bags:
    New DC Bags (3).jpg
    The 3mil weight should let me get many uses out of each bag.

– Samuel Butler

When I was using the SDD in the "Temporary gara-shop", my bags hung out like that, too, and it was not an issue as long as I smoothed the edges before clamping the lid back on. The overhang also provides a "handle" to help when it's time to remove the bag for emptying and/or disposal. The two bags in my G700 also overhang the internal bins but there, too, it doesn't hurt the seal.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Circling back on this. These are the bags I ended up with at about a buck-thirty each. they are a good 10" too tall but this does not effect the latches or operation of the system so I'm good with it.

Old bags:

New DC Bags (1).jpg
    New bags:
    New DC Bags (3).jpg
    The 3mil weight should let me get many uses out of each bag.
    Glenn - can you provide the source?
    Regards,

Kris

I use standard 42 gallon contractor trash bags (3 mil) from a big box store on my Oneida fiber drum. My quick internet search indicates these are 33" x 44" (840mm x 1117 mm, more or less). They should work fine in your application. Last time I checked these were about $0.70 each.