Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35 Gallon Drum Liner Bag for Grizzly G0440

Glenn, I use the significantly tougher "construction" style bags for my Oneida barrel (from Ace Hardware). They don't stretch and tear as easily as the yard-waste style bags when removing a full barrel of sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    You can actually use 55 gallon bags that are available for a very reasonable price off Amazon in the smaller barrel. That's what I used with the SDD I had in the temporary gara-shop before the Harvey arrived. I'm now using the same bags to dump the Harvey bags into. (and reusing the Harvey bags in the machine) They are heavy weight and don't like to break with the stuff in them.
    I do the same with a single stage collector, dump the collector's thick bag into a trash bag. The dust collector has metal supports that the bag has to come out between. It's easier and less likely to tear the collector bag when it's maybe 1/2 to 2/3 full.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cook;[URL="tel:3256213"
    3256213[/URL]]Glenn - can you provide the source?
    there is a link on the word “These” above
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Hey Bernie; I saw a tip in one of the WW mags that used a piece of plastic laminate cut to the same inside diameter and height as the drum. Drop it in and let it expand. When time to empty, just pull the laminate out and then the bag. Easy peasy.

Bernie,
    Mine has a small suction pump from Oneida (about like a small aquarium air pump in reverse). The air tube ends in a thin flat 4-inch pad of foam in the bottom of the drum so the bag doesn't block the suction. That small amount of suction keeps the bag down.

This eliminates the need to disturb the dust while removing a plastic bag liner.

Got it. Thanks Glenn.
    Regards,

Kris