Thread: Delta Unisaw 34-802

Delta Unisaw 34-802

Any recommendations for a splitter for this saw?

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You might want to look at the aftermarket ones from Microjig:

https://www.microjig.com/collections/mj-splitter
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Shark Guard all day. You can go with just the metal splitter, all the way up to the adjustable ARK with dust collection shroud. I have 2 and they are worth their weight in gold.

I have a Shark Guard. The insert will not allow the blade to go all the way to 45d. In addition the insert hits the saw dust deflector and had to be modified by removing material on the underside so it would seat properly. I tried filing the slot to let the blade go to 45d but I can only use a thin fine tooth file and after a long time trying to remove material I said to hell with it.

Thanks for the reply. I cannot determine if the insert comes with the splitter.

Delta 34-868 "disappearing splitter" or an original? MJ is also good but lacks the pawls.

Amazon has the Delta Pop-up splitter in stock. Not certain who is making them, but here is the link. If you are using table inserts other than the original Delta, you will need a slit behind the blade slit for this splitter. My Unisaw has one of these pop-up splitters and I make my own table inserts, so just cut a slit in each that I may be using the splitter with.

I like it because it stays with the saw, just under the table insert, so it's easy to pull up into place when it's needed, and pushed back down when no longer needed. I use a ceiling mounted Brett Guard for blade protection. Some other blade protection systems won't work well with this type of splitter. You will need to decide that depending on what you use.

Charley

https://www.amazon.com/DELTA-34-868-...s%2C100&sr=8-2

I finally got an inexpensive saw blade. I secured the insert with a clamped 2x6, set the blade @ 45, cranked it up and slowly raised the blade. Some smoke came out, the blade is OK and the insert is as it should have been.

SharkGuard makes them.

Yes they do but the 45d would not let the blade go to 45d plus the insert rides on the deflector and will not seat and has to be modified. This may be germane to my model saw.

I have the SHARKGUARD on my Unisaw and like it.

I would too if the insert was fully functional without having to modify it. I have the insert usable now after a lot of effort in removing slot material so a 45d blade angle is usable and removing material from the insert bottom so the deflector does not keep it from fully seating.