Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

2 Apr 2023

Greetings,
    I spent some time this weekend helping a local woodworker on a projects for his church. That was most of the day yesterday (Saturday) and today my son and I made Shrimp Creole for The LOML since it is her favorite food and we were celebrating her birthday on a day when the family could show up. Now I gotta really start getting my music "chops" down for this coming Sunday for the Easter services. That will be a long day with added pressure but in general, it should be a really good day.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

It's been a while since I chimed in on the weekly roundup of Creekers' accomplishments. That's not to say that I haven't accomplished anything...

But this past week's accomplishment in the workshop was a modest one on Saturday, when I turned some leftover oak into a few file handles.
    IMG_5042-800.JPG

I had done a similar thing with some cherry scrap a week or two ago, sizing most of those for the narrow round files used for chain saw sharpening.

On Sunday afternoon I was with the local chapter of the Sleep In Heavenly Peace organization (shpbeds.org), which builds and delivers beds to children who are without a proper place to sleep. This chapter was organized last fall, and I've taken part in most of the builds and some of the deliveries. This weekend we made parts for 30 beds.
    SHP Bed Build, Mar 4, 2023.jpg
    Chuck Taylor

Sounds like you had a nice week, Dennis.

My week was busy; mostly because of twice a day trips to our daughter's apartment to feed Harry the cat and the same for her as well as to help with stretching exercises. In between that, I did some work in the shop on a project I'm working on for a friend to embed some actual piano keys in three large, charcuterie/serving boards made from the soundboard of a piano, a "shop project" getting the under-saw storage cabinet completed, beginning some modification work on an old laboratory bench I got for free that will become a workbench in the garage and...setting up for and starting pouring the walkway between the house and the shop. Basically...my head is spinning. LOL I hope to get the walkway finished this week as well as the project for the friend. Maybe even the "garage bench" if I'm lucky.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Made a little more progress on the rolling laundry table project but it's going slow due to other stuff going on. The weather has been nice enough to allow some outdoor work. I got a couple of our elevated garden beds ready for Mary. She will transplant the lettuce that has been feeding us all winter from the basement grow light setup, and plant some additional lettuce, as well as carrots and radishes. Freeing up the grow light setup will allow her to start tomatoes and peppers so they are ready to move outside once the threat of frost is gone. I got 6 yards of leaf humus delivered and have started spreading it. We use it on the foundation planting beds instead of mulch to dress them up and keep the weeds down. And I've been playing pickleball 7-8 hours a week now which also cuts into shop time.

Spotted a water stain on the dining room ceiling; will have to investigate that; never a good sign
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

All I did was add a wire hanger to a picture frame I made for some artwork my daughter is selling. The rest of the last week, been recovering from a torn meniscus surgery.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

'Hope your recovery goes well, Justin!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    'Hope your recovery goes well, Justin!
    Thanks -- so far so good - 1 week out and doing better than I expected.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!