Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaction to the Sponatneous Combustion Video

Reaction to the Sponatneous Combustion Video

AvE did a bit of sleuthing and came up with some interesting observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PybuHB9gc_U

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post

Is spontaneous combustion fake news? Is the earth round? Thank goodness for Youtube. In the open light of rational discourse the truth will out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post

Pretty sure AvE believes the world is flat, too...
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Interesting that comments have been turned off of the original video.

Never seen that guy before but I clicked away at the mid point when he accused him of using lighter fluid to start the first fire.

AvE posted another video about Bourbon Moths video. Not one word about a flat earth. Where did that come from? Some people. AvE only has over 1.44 million subscribers. He makes very valid points if you understand enough about the chemistry involved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtU3bYyCtA&t=16s
    Last edited by Kim Gibbens; 04-15-2023 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

The moon is flat. Not the earth.

its also made of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    its also made of cheese.

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    Goodness I hope these people are just trying to be funny and failing. We have had fires from curing oils on this forum if memory serves. Are we really trying to say that this doesn't happen? I wish people had constructive personal interests that occupied their time. It would keep them out of mischief.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Are we really trying to say that this doesn't happen?
    Everyone HERE is saying it happens. The people who know. The skeptic is this AvE character. He comes across as a complete hack to me. At least re this topic. I won't be wasting any more time on him.

If you have watched Ave's videos that have been linked, please explain where he is incorrect. I am always ready to learn from the EXPERTS here, you know, the people who know. What parts do you think he is making up? I also didn't know that having an opinion that differs from yours automatically puts me into mischief or shows a lack of " constructive personal interests ". Go ahead and make a judgement, he didn't say that spontaneous combustion can't or doesn't happen, he is pointing out the video is altered to achieve the results to help his sponsor sell metal rag cans. Attack me all you want, won't change the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    We have had fires from curing oils on this forum if memory serves. Are we really trying to say that this doesn't happen?
    No, watch the video. AvE is pretty clear it happens, exists, and is real thing. He also thinks Bourbon Moth likely staged his video. The two are not mutually exclusive. Generating spontaneous combustion isn't as simple as it seems, and there is no smoke in B.Moth's videos. Smoke always proceeds the fire because of the nature of the reaction, the cloth starts to smolder first as it heats up. Getting no smoke would require a much more rapid increase in heat, such as you get with lighter fluid. Further AvE is skeptical of the results of B. Moth's video is because he tried it himself, and found that it was possible to get some heat but actual fire was challenging.

Which is different from saying spontaneous combustion doesn't happen, just like saying that Bourbon Moth like didn't climb Mt. Everest doesn't invalidate the existence of Mt. Everest.

YouTube pays makers for views and rewards comments of any kind. We've probably made this AvE guy a few bucks sharing his video like this. Since revenue is the primary goal for video makers, any controversy will rack up both.
    I haven't watched any, but looking through his video list, it appears that most of them are pointing out how someone else is wrong and sensationalizing it. Don't know what Bourbon Moth did to tick him off, but there are 3 videos just on that one that Jason did.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schoenthal View Post
    YouTube pays makers for views and rewards comments of any kind. We've probably made this AvE guy a few bucks sharing his video like this. Since revenue is the primary goal for video makers, any controversy will rack up both.
    I haven't watched any, but looking through his video list, it appears that most of them are pointing out how someone else is wrong and sensationalizing it. Don't know what Bourbon Moth did to tick him off, but there are 3 videos just on that one that Jason did.
    A while back, a discussion here centered around the jump in the number of Saw Stop saws that are on Youtube. I ran across this website that went a long way towards explaining to my satisfaction what was taking place.

I knew people made money from their videos, but, I was a bit surprised by how much money was/is involved.

It sort of makes you wonder if a couple of video makers got together and decided to get a little controversy going in order to boost the numbers.
    The whole controversy idea is what runs the "news" (media) these days.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon