Thread: LN 212 Iron and UPS

LN 212 Iron and UPS

Just got notification today LN has a small batch of the Iron 212 scraper available, which I had been waiting patiently to have.
    Awesome, I went to LN to place the order for my new addition. During the checkout process the least expensive UPS option to me in NL, Canada was 130.32 USD, 175.39 CAD.
    Up until recently LN offered the USPS option which was less than 1/2 the UPS rates which was palatable. Even if LN levied a fee to have staff once a day or once a week make a delivery to the local USPS, that would be appropriate and cheaper than UPS.
    Are more people in Canada having the same exorbitant shipping charges and like myself having to rethink the purchase.
    Last edited by John Erickson; 04-05-2023 at 5:36 PM.

Look into mail proxy services, maybe that's a cheaper option.

I just don't bother ordering from the states if usps isn't an option. Dealing with cross border couriers is awful and expensive. I know it nlimits my options buti just have to live with it.
    What part of NL? Grew up in newfoundland, left when I was 19.

Russell, For sure USPS is the best option. I live in Port au Port East just outside of Stephenville on the west coast.

Ah, never made it there, spent 19 years between St. John's and Bonavista.

Travelled west coast up to l’anse aux Meadows One of my favorite trips ever. Beautiful. Bonus - Bake Apple season.

Kent Labrador is very nice, the further north you go the nicer it gets. When I worked on the North Warning System maintaining the gensets across the arctic from Wales Island to east of Baffin Island. I got to see so much and really enjoyed my time in the arctic.

I live in Israel, I feel your pain.