Thread: Sand Stand

Sand Stand

Has anyone purchased a Sand Stand by Woodpeckers? If so, what do you think of it after using it for a while? I think Woodpeckers is mostly overpriced and gimmicky but this one has promise and could fill a void in the shop.
    Tom

I'm looking at it and will probably buy it. It's definitely one of the cheaper tools to come from them.
    The email also says that this in the introductory price and delivery is expected for June of this year.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

I made the same thing years ago buy just taking a piece of wood and just zip tying the sander to the wood, works just fine, at no real cost.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    I made the same thing years ago buy just taking a piece of wood and just zip tying the sander to the wood, works just fine, at no real cost.
    Me too. Works just fine.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Looks handy. I also made something similar about 10 years ago.

ROS Table (7).jpg

I still use it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have a crude plywood affair that I clamp in a front mounted bench vise that I have used for a few years. When I looked at the Woodpecker Sand Stand I ordered one. Looks to be way easier to use than my cobbled together one and easier/smaller to store when not needed.

Tom, there might be a few prototypes out in the hands of the public but aside from that I am guessing no one has tried one yet.

I am a big fan of the RED tools, and this one isn't red so I won't buy it. Why, because like others, if needed, it can be made easy and pretty much free or very inexpensively.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!