Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SawStop suspicion

The only way to really know if the You-tuber likes his new free toy, is to see how many times he is seen using it after a couple months.

As others have said, it is common practice. Watch any movie....if you can read 'Cheerios' on the cereal box, 'Pepsi' or 'Bud' on the drink, or 'Dell' on the computer, it is all paid for from some companies advertising budget. Otherwise, it would not be readable.

Can you imagine any famous actor doing a PSA for FREE, announcing how much he likes Preparation H?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I'm still thirsting for some Duff beer, just cant find it.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Rick not sure too many that would get behind that. Maybe one with ample assets, never know.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I guess Marc is now sponsored, or at least working with Sawstop. This popped up in my feed today:

"The Wood Whisperer, Marc Spagnuolo, has had his 3HP Professional Cabinet Saw for over a year and he couldn’t be happier with it. It continues to deliver the safety and precision he needs no matter what he’s thrown at it – even a move halfway across the country. There’s never been a better time to buy a PCS like Marc’s. For a limited time, you’ll be eligible to receive a FREE accessory upgrade, a $289 USD value, when you purchase any new 1.75 HP or 3 HP Professional Cabinet Saw. Offer valid 3/1/23-4/30/23. Learn more at SawStop.com/Upgrade"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    If I was given a sawstop I would sell it and buy a table saw with a minimum 12 inch blade.
    Im not afraid of table saws so I don’t need electronic safety.
    Good Luck
    You may never have an accident and good for you but I am not willing to take that chance with my fingers. I am careful in the shop and the worst i got bit was with my drill press and a forstner bit and I was careful. All it takes is one lapse and then you are known as Four Fingered Andrew. I have had my Sawstop for about 3 years and I love mine.

"If I was given a sawstop I would sell it and buy a table saw with a minimum 12 inch blade.
    Im not afraid of table saws so I don’t need electronic safety"

That is the most amazing comment that I have read. I am not afraid of table saws but like any human I can make a mistake and I love my Sawstop PCS.

I bought a PCS this time around setting up my shop. Previously had a PM66 and a Felder KF500. I respected the blade and honestly never thought about selling either just to upgrade to a Sawstop. Now that I have one, I feel better about the safety feature, but certainly haven't changed my respect for the blade when using it. With my luck, I'll have the one Sawstop that doesn't work when needed or something. LOL However, if I were not limited by space or money and were doing it again, I wouldn't have bought a PCS. I'd have bought an ICS. LOL

On another note, almost anything in the shop can hurt you. My last blood draw was with an awl/pick. Slipped off of something and went half way through my thumb in under a split second. Healed up fine but could have been much worse from something as simple as an awl/pick. Regardless of what saw or tool you have, the underlying key is to take your time and be careful. Sharp tools work better and safer, but the also cut deeper.