Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100% cotton crew socks

100% cotton crew socks

Where can I buy old fashioned 100% cotton crew socks?

The crew socks for sale locally are mostly cotton but they are designed to stretch over the foot and have enough polyester to implement that design. I find them uncomfortable and the toes wear through quickly. Amazon has https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Cotton-W...84&sr=8-8&th=1 , but reviews say these are thin like dress socks.

I had ordered some Carhatt socks and some types are fine but others way to tight. I have switched over to Wigwam and I get from Amazon as I get tired of driving someplace and no one there has a clue! They are 55% Polyester, 44% Cotton, 1% Spandex
    and Made in the USA they are not cheap! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TA8LJ8...roduct_details
    Last edited by Bill George; 04-10-2023 at 8:16 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Dickies makes 70% cotton crew socks in various colors. Personally I prefer their quarter length socks. https://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Dri-T...s%2C120&sr=8-4
    NOW you tell me...

I'm still looking for good ones too. So far, I don't think there are any I haven't tried, and still looking. They're all going to have some percentage of stretchy stuff other than cotton. The expensive ones, I forget the brand name, where they give one pair free to charity, are about one use socks for me, so too expensive.

Under Armour's seem to last the best, but I'm not the biggest fan for the tight part around the instep.

Balega's are pretty good, but I'd prefer cotton too.

For cold weather, I've gone to Alpaca.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 04-10-2023 at 8:57 AM.

I second the Wigwam suggestion above. Wear them all day EVERY day Summer/Winter. Last order was Aug of 2018. Ordered 10 pair. Still going strong. Have used the Wigwam sock for years.

Wigwam socks, even the King Cotton, don't stay up on my heavily tapered calves.

I buy extra-long tube socks from SOCKBROKER.COM Have been very happy with what I get and reorder as needed.
    Ron

odd ball socks are size 14-18. So shoe size 12-16
    75% cotton.

Most socks max out at size 12 -14 so fit 10-12 shoe size. That means the toe wears out fast for me. For the oddball socks the entire sock wears out not just the toe. So they last much longer for me.
    Bill D.
    https://www.oddball.com/products/odd...yABEgJtsPD_BwE

I think GoldToe are something like 90-10 which is good enough for me.
    Regards,

Tom

According to my Amazon purchase history I have been wearing Wigwam cotton socks since 2014. I generally wear them late spring to mid fall, then switch to Ortis merino wool blend for colder weather. Both are available in xl which fits my size 13s pretty well. I was wearing the Ortis socks last night when I got called out to do some emergency sandbagging. I didn't have a chance to put my Boggs on and my feet got soaked but weren't cold unitl I walked through a snowbank and filled my shoes with snow.

This is NUTS! Asking advice on sox from a woodworking forum? Next someone will ask about taxes and Social security.

The socks have to be all cotton ,and washed in cold water. Or they will get smaller with each washing. To understand that , see the old
    sci -fi film , “The Incredible Shrinking Man”. It’al knock your socks off !!

Darn Tough... The only answer. They are amazing and guaranteed for life. They last about 3 years for me and then get warrantied for a new pair. My wife and I have about 30-40 pairs between us.

Warning they are about $20 a pair or more in some cases. I started with a pair or two a month on amazon

https://darntough.com/products/mens-...42173433643194

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    This is NUTS! Asking advice on sox from a woodworking forum? Next someone will ask about taxes and Social security.

This is what we're all really here for

I went to that darntough site to order some to try, and found out my Wife already had an account there. She said she doesn't like them as much as Balega's. No cotton either.