Thread: 107th and 43rd

107th and 43rd

We were all lucky to wake up this morning, so today if my Mother's 107th Birthday, and Pam's and my 43rd Anniversary.

Quite the accomplishment...all the way around. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Blog Entries
    Amazing accomplishments to your mother and you and your bride. I know as Candy & I just celebrated our 41st anniversary and I'm her second husband.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Congratulations and a very happy birthday to your mother

What a special day for sure Tom. I hope you and family have a quiet, relaxing, day today.

HI Tom

thats a really big deal. Years ago a friend won an award from Margaret Dunning. she drove to the podium in her own car and was 104 at the time. I took photos and felt like I was looking at god. She walked fine didnt even have a walker I have friends in 80s and 90s and huge respect for older folks. 107 is amazing. Congrats and best wishes to your mom and your 43 years. I might call for some tips one day.

Long-term living and long-term relationships are special with Mom and wife! Congratulations indeed!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to all three! 107 is truly amazing!
    Best Regards, Maurice

Congratulations Tom! May you, your wife and mother be blessed!

Congratulations!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I have wondered about your Mother, as we haven’t seen any news in a while. Your family has a great story of love ,duty ,and toughness.

When I saw 107th I thought about my guard unit the 107th armored cav that I was in. Started out in the 145th infantry That was at Kent State in 70

Congratulations for sure!
    My wife and I just celebrated #41 a couple days ago.

@ Jerome - you were @ KSU May 4th 1970? I came --><-- this close to being there among the crowds.
    Our local high school SDS idiot was recruiting students at our high school to go out there and stir up trouble.
    Since I didn't like him that much - and - in the interests of full disclosure, I had my eye on his girlfriend and wanted very much to kick his behind - I figured I could get away with it in the confusion.
    Instead, my best buddy and I bought a case of 3.2% Strohs and drak it while we waxed his '67 Charger in the park across the street from the school.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Congratulations for sure!
    My wife and I just celebrated #41 a couple days ago.

@ Jerome - you were @ KSU May 4th 1970? I came --><-- this close to being there among the crowds.
    Our local high school SDS idiot was recruiting students at our high school to go out there and stir up trouble.
    Since I didn't like him that much - and - in the interests of full disclosure, I had my eye on his girlfriend and wanted very much to kick his behind - I figured I could get away with it in the confusion.
    Instead, my best buddy and I bought a case of 3.2% Strohs and drak it while we waxed his '67 Charger in the park across the street from the school.
    Yes I was there I was close to the end af the guard line in the pictures. Our company did not do any shooting but did get to the top of the hill were we stopped to let the students out. The scary part for us is when we came back down after we heard the shots the was our comand jeep behind us and we heard our CO on the radio say we have some dead here. We didn't know if they were guardsmen or students.