Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

1 May 2023

Greetings,
    Been making some sandwich boards for The LOML to give to her college prof's just before she graduates. Been working on a few things but did manage to get my bench grinder rebuilt and running again. Help my youngest son work on his car and worked in the yard between the rain and storms. Other than that? Nothing else going on as I'm still making very slow progress on the nightstands for my #2 son.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Blog Entries
    Haven't worked in the shop for six months. Oct 12, left leg total knee replacement. Mar. 15 right leg total knee replacement. Was able to get to the shop yesterday and sharpened my card scrapers. Was able to do that while sitting in a chair. Old age is not for sissies.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

'Glad you're getting shop time, Dennis! Von, our older daughter just had her right knee done. The replacement was easy but she needed ligament work, too, to straighten out the leg. She unfortunately cannot claim being of "mature age", however...just circumstances. I'm also happy to hear you're getting back in the shop now, too.

I didn't have much time at all this past week for woodworking other than some time spent creating a timber frame joint "show and tell" example for a friend/fellow 'Creeker. Otherwise, I've been running around like a head with my chicken cut off relative to the overgrown puppy training and vet and helping Professor Dr. SWMBO "process" the training due to a medical issue she has. Hopefully, in the coming week I can get cracking on a few things I plan on doing. Also on the plate will be getting a hitch receiver and wiring on our younger daughter's Outback as she and her SO bought a teardrop camper for an upcoming multi-month bit of travel when their apartment lease runs out. Her SO Dan and I will be doing the work because it's eye-openingly expensive to contract it out.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I probably spent 20 hours on the planer restoration- fun but time consuming.

Prepping materials for a 9'x9' deck made from scrounged materials. The decking will be 2x8 T&G fir. I rigged up a router & fence to round the top edges, sanded & will pre-stain the pieces. All the materials for free that would otherwise cost over $1,000.

About to start a small remodel that the folks have been waiting for for over a year.

Finished the forever end table and brought it into the house.

Began work on my Moxon vice.

Started the annual spring yard work. Isolated the cause of one sprinkler circuit failure to come on and fixed it.

We have adult grandkids and their 3 kids coming for the weekend. I need to haul off some trash, clean my sprayers, and spray for weeds.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Made a little progress on laundry table, but still waiting for a warm and dry day to do the formica laminating in the garage. Looks like it won't be until sometime next week as we have had nothing but rain this week. We did have one nice day last Thursday, but I used it to pick up about a million sticks and then do the first mowing of the season. I did the front brakes on Mary's Forester. At 57k miles they still had a ways to go, but it was a good time to take care of it as I had the parts and time. I'm getting ready for upcoming welding class at the Marc Adams school and of course there was a lot of pickleball given the rain.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Restricted to lifting over 10 pounds for 3 weeks. Filling orders from inventory is not a problem. Pulling down a 9" x 10' 5/4 walnut board was a challenge. Used my new Makita 7 1/4" cordless circular saw to cut off 30" sections while SWAMBO grabbed the cut offs. Like cutting butter that saw.

She is expanding her egg business to include exotic chicks. So in the afternoon I join her in building pens for the chicks. Making trusses out of conduit. So many projects so little time!
    Ask a woodworker to "make your bed" and he/she makes a bed.

Been cleaning the garage here and there weather permitting. Hopefully get the floor powerwashed today. I picked up a Record scraper plane and cleaned that up and tried sharpening the blade but didn't have a lot of luck.