Thread: Need Schematic Original Powermatic Model 15 Planer

Need Schematic Original Powermatic Model 15 Planer

HELLO Friends and not-so-near NEIGHBORS!
    It's been a while! Still Kickin' ...maybe not as High!

Looking for a schematic for the original Powermatic Model 15 planer with on/off buttons installed in base cabinet! Those oriental motor starters are pretty generic, yet wiring colors vary from brand to brand.

I began the simple install of a top-mounted on/off push button station up top/left of the planer...where it belongs! Then my stroke episode intervened! Asphasia after a mild stroke has robbed me of a bit of myself. Easily confused over simple things--like--I find myself turning a ratchet left instead of right to Tighten! Sad, I know, but it is the way it is when the left brain takes over tasks that are so familiar to the right brain.

Tracing the hidden route of wiring on the PM 15 mag starter is useless without a diagram. Wire colors are different from make to make! IF I must remove the starter from the machine and dissect it...might as well replace it with a Square D or Gould...of which I have several.

Any help so much appreciated! Thanks to this Forum and it's treasure trove of INFO!!

They call me...WoodChipzz
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Not any real help but ground will probably be brown or brown with a yellow stripe. Very unlikely to be green if it is not made in North America.
    Single or three phase?
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 06-07-2023 at 9:06 PM.