Thread: Sawstop Saved me from myself

Sawstop Saved me from myself

I intended to cut some 5 degree angles on my Sawstop PCS today for a ladder bookshelf I am building for the Mennonite Relief Sale in October. Without thinking I used my Incra Miter 1000 SE with them angle up instead of down (clearance of 1/4 “ set for cuts on the left side of the Incra so I have a known distance when I set lengths for repeater cuts). This impeded the blade. BAM! Nice Woodworker II, which I will send to Forrest to fix one broken tooth and to inspect it. The Incra is fine - just the tiniest gouge at its corner. I, am of course, embarrassed that I forgot what the heck I was doing and that I will have to go to the Co-Op to buy a new cartridge. But, it would have been a real mess without the Sawstop - would have sent things flying all over, potentially causing an injury and ruined the Incra which I am a big fan of. I like to think I am cautious-evidentially not enough.

Many of us with the Sawstop have had the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Pender View Post
    ... I forgot what the heck I was doing...
    Exactly what Sawstop, other technologies and guards are supposed to protect us from. This happens to all of us when our brain loses concentration and most times we get away with it but sometimes we don't.
    Glad it is just the loss of a few $.

....and that is an example of why I bought one. Everyone makes misakes.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

25 years without a single table saw mishap, got a Sawstop and an Incra miter, did the exact same thing THAT week.

Yeah I had this happen with a Kreg miter jig, so Incra just happens to be more popular. I painted a red line from the front of the blade slot to the front of the table to give me a visual warning Im over the line.
    < insert spurious quote here >

plus one - me too
    jc
    jerry

an advantage of my obsession over the last year.....https://www.etsy.com/listing/1439776...aw-miter-gauge

I did it THREE times. Fool me once, shame on Sawstop. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times?

Only once for me, but it was expensive enough I'll be more careful now.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.