Thread: PPG Proluxe Door and Window finish usage

PPG Proluxe Door and Window finish usage

Folks - I'm about to finish an exterior door, minimal UV exposure, with the PPG Door and Window product. I'd done another nearby door with good results, using coats of colorless and tinted (mahogany), but I can't remember nor find instructions on which of those to use first. I thought it was in a thread here, but I can't find it, and I can't seem to find that information anywhere online. I usually keep a record of how I finish stuff, but of course, can't find that either.

If anyone can assist me with which of the colorless or tinted goes on first, or if it matters for a minimal UV exposure (under a large overhanging porch roof) , I'd appreciate it. I have been, um, encouraged to finish this up and get the door rehung.

Thanks,

Ken in Granby, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Platt View Post
    Folks - I'm about to finish an exterior door, minimal UV exposure, with the PPG Door and Window product. I'd done another nearby door with good results, using coats of colorless and tinted (mahogany), but I can't remember nor find instructions on which of those to use first. I thought it was in a thread here, but I can't find it, and I can't seem to find that information anywhere online. I usually keep a record of how I finish stuff, but of course, can't find that either.

If anyone can assist me with which of the colorless or tinted goes on first, or if it matters for a minimal UV exposure (under a large overhanging porch roof) , I'd appreciate it. I have been, um, encouraged to finish this up and get the door rehung.

Thanks,

Ken in Granby, CT
    That is a great product. I've used it on two exterior doors, one of which gets direct sunlight, rain, temps. from below zero to over 90 degrees. It has performed just as advertised, requiring a refresh after about 4 years, which was a simple, straightforward process.

Tinted goes on first, clear satin, if desired, on top.

John

Thanks John. I believe it was the picture of your door that led me to this stuff. Appreciate it.

Ken