Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VFD spindle question

Yea, they even show the 110 cord in the ad, it also states the pump is 220 but it’s actually 110. They probably aren’t aware of the types of outlets we use in the US and just assumed that plug was standard.

Well I hooked it and pressed start and worked perfectly! I am thrilled with it so far, it’s super smooth and I can barely hear it! Can’t wait to mount it to my CNC! I burned out two routers in less than six months, hope this thing last a long time!

My guess is that it's labeled for EU use. They use 240v in their household outlets. So you'll have a line, a neutral, and a grounding location (I'm guessing the screw by itself under the V terminal). The terminal missing the screw would be if you had 3 phase power to supply the VFD. The seller probably just threw in the first cord they had into the kit without paying much attention. Glad you got it up and running. I have a 2.2kw spindle and it's extremely quiet. It's so quiet I have thought about replacing my router with a spindle in my table saw extension.

I’m excited to mount it to my CNC, the routers I was using worked okay when new but both started vibrating and were super loud, cuts and carvings started looking like crap. I can’t wait to see how smooth this spindle cuts.

You will wonder why you waited so long.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You will love the spindle when you get up and running. I changed my order at the last minute when I ordered my cnc. I have been smiling ever since.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron thomas View Post
    Well I hooked it and pressed start and worked perfectly! I am thrilled with it so far, it’s super smooth and I can barely hear it! Can’t wait to mount it to my CNC! I burned out two routers in less than six months, hope this thing last a long time!
    Aaron - glad we were able to help and that you went ahead and wired it up and got it running. Nice work! Let us know how it cuts once you get going on a new project.
    David