Thread: Boggs Tool & Sharpening

Boggs Tool & Sharpening

Maybe everyone here knows this, but years ago I did not, so it must have been new to me at one point. But I didn't forget.

I sent my fleet of Auriou rasps to Boggs for sharpening some weeks ago. Back they came. The Boggs talent will tell you "they will be sharper than new"

I have no reason to argue that point. Prompt service, quality service, and a fair price [which I've forgotten]. Shipped, sharpened, returned with an invoice that had a note asking me to call them with a credit card for payment. Who does business that way?

I called, and the nice lady on the other end took the payment information and then said "Oh, yeah - I remember your rasps. The guys in the shop thought they were really cool."

Pretty clear to me their main-line bidness is serious people in machine shops, etc, using serious tools for a living. I have some basic mill files, but mine are cheap, and it wasn't cost effective to send them. They didn't laugh at my puny wood tools - they treated the small order with respect and care.

So anyway - you should feel comfortable using their services.

That's all - See you in the funny papers........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, I may have to look into them. I have a few old specialty files and rasps that could use a sharpening.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yep, good outfit, very fair prices, quick turnaround. Used them a couple of times. My files came back sharper than new.

Another satisfied customer of Boggs! Their results are simply amazing. I sent a batch of rasps and files to them 2-3 years ago and their “sharper than new” motto is dead on. Most of mine were off brand favorites I had owned for decades. They are in far better condition than they ever were. The shipping cost exceeded the resharpening charges. I think I recall posting on SMC about the experience.

Jim, since they are on the west coast your shipping costs would be even less. https://boggstool.com/

Left click my name for homepage link.

I've driven by them for years on the way to Drees Wood Products, right on the same street and had no idea.
    Great to know about them now!

Superb place to do business with! If they find your file or rasp, after sharpening, does not meet their standard, they paint the tang red and return to you, with no charge. Though the tool is sharper than when they received it, the red color signifies they will not attempt to sharpen again.

Through the years, they’ve done maybe 40 or 50 files and rasps for me and I’ve always been pleased.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.