Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

24 Jul 2023

Greetings,
    Running behind because the day job kept us busy for the past 36 hours straight. Worked in the yard, cleaned up more limbs from thunderstorms blowing through and then tried to catch some sleep along the way. Nothing else to report at this time, so I'll stop here.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Chilled! For the previous 6 weeks we had between 3-6 grandkids and great-grandkids under the age of 15 in our home.

Last Wednesday while out of town, my wife got a call from a friend, wife of a former coworker, who had voluntarily entered herself into hospice care. She was calling to say goodbye. As luck would have it, they now live just a few hundred miles out of our way en route home. So we made a detour for a very short visit. Tough visit with some dear friends.

Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was surprised how painless it was. Today I drove to the clinic for the postop procedure without my glasses. As stated by other cataract surgery patients following surgery, things are brighter and whiter! As I posted on Fb, Fiat Lux!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wow Ken, you just experienced the emotional side of life in 6 weeks. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Chilled! For the previous 6 weeks we had between 3-6 grandkids and great-grandkids under the age of 15 in our home.

Last Wednesday while out of town, my wife got a call from a friend, wife of a former coworker, who had voluntarily entered herself into hospice care. She was calling to say goodbye. As luck would have it, they now live just a few hundred miles out of our way en route home. So we made a detour for a very short visit. Tough visit with some dear friends.

Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye. I was surprised how painless it was. Today I drove to the clinic for the postop procedure without my glasses. As stated by other cataract surgery patients following surgery, things are brighter and whiter! As I posted on Fb, Fiat Lux!

Congrats on the cataract surgery, Ken. Nice that life is looking brighter.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Sad that the work and the weather kept you from fun stuff, Dennis!

I had a somewhat productive week in the shop this past week...two small tables; one a restoration/upcycle and the other as a mate plus some shop drawer organization started. I plan on continuing the latter over the next few days plus maybe some other things since it's going to be stinky hot/humid with "real feel" north of 100ºF over the next few days. (Yea, not the heat that you folks in the west/southwest have been experiencing, but still...not good weather to be outside)

I also need to help our younger daughter and her SO get the rest of the stuff out of their apartment as they are leaving on their three month camping adventure on Sunday. The aforementioned heat/humidity isn't going to be fun.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Glad to hear your surgery went well Ken.

It’s indistinguishable from magic.

Regards, Rod.