Thread: Bora Centipede

Bora Centipede

Anyone tried one? Seems pretty convenient

https://boracentipede.com/?fbclid=PA...V09JGRJW1NJas7
    Bob C

I have several that we use both on the job site and in the shop. I was a skeptic, but they are great, not as sturdy as saw horses, but sturdy enough. We usually put an old door on top for a work surface.

I've got the small 2 ft x 4 ft, with the MDF top, for a portable work suface. And the big 4 ft x 8 ft for working with sheet goods. I flip a sheet of 2" pink foam on it, put whatever I'm cutting on there, grab the track saw and get after it. Works well, stows compactly when done.

Blog Entries
    I use the tops.

Bora MFT Top (7).jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cooper View Post
    Anyone tried one? Seems pretty convenient

https://boracentipede.com/?fbclid=PA...V09JGRJW1NJas7
    Note: that price does NOT include the folding "Table-top" w/bench dog holes.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

+1 for this, for all of the reasons mentioned. I use the 'X' attachments to lay 2x4s across to make a surface for cutting sheet goods. Works great.

Another satisfied owner. I have 2 of the small 2 ft x 4 ft model and made an MDF top. I’d buy them again.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I have two of the smaller ones that I bought years ago on an amazing sale from the local blue big box store. They are incredibly useful to have and compress down to nearly nothing for storage. They are certainly not "rock solid steady" for serious hand-tool work, but for a portable support system for breaking down sheet goods, holding larger material than one normally works with such as large slabs and other uses like auxiliary assembly space with a solid top on them, they are just great. Bora has several sizes.

Jason Bent (Bent's Woodworking) on the 'Tube just used one as an extra support system for a project that had two truly huge halves of a walnut conference table in play. That was a good example for taking care of the occasional extraordinary need to hold something up for working when the normal shop surfaces are not sufficient.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-04-2023 at 10:11 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The only negative I feel is that you can't put anything underneath but yeah, they're great otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    The only negative I feel is that you can't put anything underneath but yeah, they're great otherwise.
    That's true, but they are generally intended for temporary support and stuffing a bunch of stuff under it would, well...kinda make it hard to knock it down at the end of the day or project. They way they telescope is also what makes them able to handle the weight of stuff while being very light-weight themselves. It spreads weight out.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yeah, no argument - nature of the beast and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That's true, but they are generally intended for temporary support and stuffing a bunch of stuff under it would, well...kinda make it hard to knock it down at the end of the day or project. They way they telescope is also what makes them able to handle the weight of stuff while being very light-weight themselves. It spreads weight out.