Thread: Photos for the AWR competition

Photos for the AWR competition

Each year the Australian Wood Review Magazine holds a National and International furniture competition, "Maker of the Year". I entered once, a few years ago, and I think they lost my entry as I did not get in the top 100. I think that they were genuinely racked with guilt over this, as they did not reply to my demands for a recount!

Faced with the opportunity to embarrass them once again, I decided to enter my pair of nightstands. No one in this world is going to take them as serious furniture - that's my story for another failure to place, and I'm sticking to it!! We'll see.

In seriousness, it is just fun to be a part of something like this. (And, no, I do not fancy my chances).

Here are the photos I entered ... only these are much lower definition to fit on the website (these average 130 Kb and the entries were around the 3 Mb range). And don't hassle me about the background or lighting - my handheld iPhone 11 rules!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Blog Entries
    Good luck with the judges Derek.

It is impossible to know what might appeal to the those doing the judging.

Often a person's sentiments are built on nonsense and it is difficult to get them to see reality.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Derek,

The stands look great with fine MCM lines and many of your own touches. Best of luck with the show!
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

I don’t care what the judges think, I like them.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Blog Entries
    They are very nice. Do the judges give feedback? That would be potentially quite useful. I know Michael Fortune was a judge a couple of times. And Adrian Ferrazzutti won last year in his category. If my work was worthy of critique by either of them I'd be very honored....