Thread: Set up to run a IS400 4.3 & IS200 off the same computer..

Set up to run a IS400 4.3 & IS200 off the same computer..

I have an older IS400 4.3 & IS200 that I have had running off the same computer running Windows 10 with no issues.
    The computer died and I have done a clean Gravostyle 8 install on new Windows 10 set up.

IS400 has Parallel port and IS200 has serial port/usb to the computer.

I have got the IS200 up & running on COM3, but I cannot get the engraving file to send to the IS400.

I added the IS400 in same install as the IS200 -
    IS400 shows in GS8
    I ticked Pooling and gave different Com.
    I have tried all Coms and still will not go from GS8 to the IS400 engraver.

I didn’t do the original 2 engraver setup so it's new to me but hoping someone might have some suggestion of what I may be doing wrong.

There is one thing that is not quite right in that I do need to fix but just want to know that if I D/L a PCI Parallel port driver I should be safe installing it into Windows 10 and not create other issue as in
    Devices & Printers
    Gravograph - has orange triangle.
    Troubleshoot = "PCI Parallel port doesn’t have a driver" "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
    I'm presuming I should be safe I D/L a PCI Parallel port driver & installing If it into Windows 10 and not create other issue?
    Also, in Devices = "Both Engravers are working correctly"
    Thank you to anyone for any suggestions to get this running correctly as the work is piling up.
    CX1200 Laser 100 Watt
    Maxpro
    Gravograph 400
    Gravograph 200
    TXL
    Sublimation

I know nothing about IS200 or IS400, but you say that IS400 uses a parallel port. However, you then say that you "ticked Pooling and gave different Com"... Parallel ports and Com ports are different beasts entirely, so assigning any com port to the IS400 will get you nowhere. You then ask about installing a PCI parallel port driver. I doubt that any Windows 10 computer has a parallel port built in, so did you install or have installed a PCI parallel port card? If not, then installing said driver will not help either. If so, then it should have its own driver on a disc that came with the card, or at the manufacturer's website and that is the driver you should install.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    I know nothing about IS200 or IS400, but you say that IS400 uses a parallel port. However, you then say that you "ticked Pooling and gave different Com"... Parallel ports and Com ports are different beasts entirely, so assigning any com port to the IS400 will get you nowhere. You then ask about installing a PCI parallel port driver. I doubt that any Windows 10 computer has a parallel port built in, so did you install or have installed a PCI parallel port card? If not, then installing said driver will not help either. If so, then it should have its own driver on a disc that came with the card, or at the manufacturer's website and that is the driver you should install.

Thanks for your reply. "You don't know what you don't know" but you sure learn thru all the bits of knowledge and experience of others
    I had a built-in parallel port card in the computer and have now replaced, changed port to LPT (Thank You) so can now send to the IS400 and engrave. YaY!!!
    I have also got the Is200 installed on a COM port and running off the same computer again. YaY!!!

It won't send to the IS400 machine with both ports pooled & ticked so I have to go to settings and change port settings if I change machines, whereas before I could just choose which machine I wanted when I set up in the machining to send to the engraver.

It is a 4/5 win and I will keep trying when I have time. I did ask the Gravograph tech for help, but he told me you can't run two machines off one computer and had never set any up like that and tried to tell me I needed this and that and another computer. So was surprised when I said I had run two machines like that for over ten years and made it very easy to multitask.
    Just a shame I didn't set them up originally so I would know how to do it like it was....
    CX1200 Laser 100 Watt
    Maxpro
    Gravograph 400
    Gravograph 200
    TXL
    Sublimation

That is patently untrue about being able to run 2 off the same computer. It is absolutely possible. The parallel ports are a bit tricky to setup. It's been a while. Can you call US tech support? Phone: (800) 843-7637 or +1.770.623.0331. Technical support starts at 8:30 AM EST, so call around then if you want a better chance of being answered right away. Like everyone else, we're a little short on help right now. Let me know if you can't get it, I can get the instructions.

Set up your printer drivers for generic/text, in "security" allow everyone the first three permissions, print, manage printer and manage documents. These connections don't benefit from the GT smartstream drivers nor do they work. You should be able to set up one for each machine, one at a time, shut one off once it's done then go to other one, then setup individual machine in postpro within Gravostyle, choosing binary version for your specific equipment. then when you engrave, you simply pick that machine from the top window in machining screen. How do you like your Maxpro? I worked at Vision for a half dozen years. Glad I'm not there now with 114 F temperatures.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Michalares View Post
    That is patently untrue about being able to run 2 off the same computer. It is absolutely possible. The parallel ports are a bit tricky to setup. It's been a while. Can you call US tech support? Phone: (800) 843-7637 or +1.770.623.0331. Technical support starts at 8:30 AM EST, so call around then if you want a better chance of being answered right away. Like everyone else, we're a little short on help right now. Let me know if you can't get it, I can get the instructions.
    You are correct, you can!  I was doing it before the computer spat the dummy and I put a new HD in. I am in NZ so a slightly different time zone to US, we are ahead of you by about 18 hrs I think depending on where you are. I was looking to call offshore before I managed to get both working to where it's at now (I change port settings) as our tech support is not as good as it could be.
    Thank you for your response and I am super keen to change the machine back in it as it was. I won't do it today as I have to do some catch up work to get out the door and there was a couple of things I was a little unclear on i.e I couldn't see "printer drivers for generic/text" or should I delete GT Smart Stream from being default printer or just do a clean install of one machine but will definitely look at it early next week.
    I love my Maxpro... it is my go-to machine for artwork, logos, fancy engraving, cup headers etc. I wish I had more time to play with it.
    I dealt with Vision in the US a few times over the years. I have to say I have leant more about my machines here at Sawmill Creek than from anywhere else. Plus you have to pay to get info to fix things from US which can be quite expensive from NZ.
    CX1200 Laser 100 Watt
    Maxpro
    Gravograph 400
    Gravograph 200
    TXL
    Sublimation

Thank you Nick. I have reset up with generic/text being default and set up the IS400 in the initial setup, then once that was set up did the IS200 setup within Gravostyle. I still have the same result as I had with GT smartstream drivers... I need to manually swap ports. The only difference I did from following your instructions, is that that I have installed the IS200 HPGL 2D, as that is what I had previously not the Binary 200.
    Its not a major issue as I just keep settings open when running both at the same time, but it would be nice to change within the program.
    CX1200 Laser 100 Watt
    Maxpro
    Gravograph 400
    Gravograph 200
    TXL
    Sublimation