Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with fuse selection in fusible Safety Switch / Disconnect

Just to update: I ordered some properly sized fuses that arrived late last week. I still have not gotten the installation done, but at least I have all the parts. Thanks
    Still waters run deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    For a big machine like a RPC code requires a disconnect visible from the machine. This can be a cord plugged into an outlet or a breaker/switch that can be seen to be off when standing at the machine.
    BilL D
    The plug must be horsepower rated, the typical 50A 250V straight blade plug/receptacle only has a 3 HP rating over that would need to go to pin and sleeve devices & most people will choke at the price.

My electrician installed a disconnect before my 10HP Phase Perfect, and I use it to turn on and off the unit. I think it must be a fused one. Never looked inside.

Since the electronics on my wide-belt sander stay on, the Phase Perfect does stay on if I don't switch off the disconnect. I can hear its fan going, and it supposedly uses about 350 watts or so in that state, so worth turning off.

Could be wrong about all of this, but I do know it stays on using power unless I flip off the disconnect.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.