Thread: Felder AD741 or SCM FS 41C/E in Boston Area

Felder AD741 or SCM FS 41C/E in Boston Area

Recently renovated my garage and I'm turning it into a workshop. It's an old 2 car garage ~ 16ft x 18ft so I'm pretty sold on a jointer planer combo at this point.

Is there anyone in the Boston are with a Felder AD741 or SCM FS 41C/E who would be willing to chat and/or let me see the machine before I make a purchase? I'd prefer not to pull the trigger on either machine without seeing it in person.

Open to any comments on either machine as well. I'd love to move up a model to the FS 41ES or AD941 but I'm not sure I have the room, nor do I have the ability to take delivery without the liftgate service.

I believe Brian Holcombe has that SCM combo and has made at least one well produced video on the jointer side of it. He is in Princeton, NJ

Seems like there would be a dealer in the Boston area that might have either or both models around for looking in person, maybe?
    Still waters run deep.

Boston Craigslist shows a used AD741 for $5K.

I have a FS 41ES. PM me if you'd like to come see it.

Thanks Phillip. I will check out that video. I am working with the reps from both companies. They don't have anything "in stock" locally for me to see but they are trying to get me in touch with someone who made a recent purchase.

Hey Jamie. I may go check that out at some point but I don't have three phase in my shop so I'd have to deal with that.

Delaware (Felder's home) isn't all that far away from Boston....

I have an FS41E. Also be happy to chat about it.
    chris

Appreciate the offer Chris. I ended up going with the AD741. Felder was able to put me in touch with a local owner.