Thread: Handworks 2023

Handworks 2023

Is anyone planning on making it?

Any goals for what to see or learn?

I'll be attending and I'm hoping to see and feel some details in person that I just cant grasp from a picture, book or video.

I'll be there as a vendor. After such a hiatus from events of this kind I'm looking forward to seeing woodworking people again.

Ron

I plan on being there on Friday. But I may change it to Sat. If the Amana Furniture Factory is open or tours, it is a worth while tour. If you go, you will enjoy yourself. There are lots of stores and things for the wife to see and do also. Amana is kind of a destination. The Ox Yoke Inn is probably the most famous restaurant, But I prefer the Ronenburg restaurant next door. If you really want to experience Amana then get the family style meals. There is also many places that have wine tasting and it also has a craft brewery. Just about every thing is in walking distance from each other.

When ever I get to Amana I always buy a pound of beef jerky at the meat locker. It is about a block from the show.

My wife bought me a maroon tee shirt that says Tablesawtom on it. If you see me, stop me and say high.

Ron, what booth, for a lack of a better word, will you be at?
    Tom

Brese Plane and Toolworks. This banner will be on the front of my bench.

Ron

IMG_2804.jpg

I signed up over the weekend. For those that have been there in the past, what is a good strategy to maybe avoid a little of the crowd? I assume Friday is the least crowded, and maybe during lunch to get started?

It is official, I will be there Saturday. I also rented a booth space at the Big Four Fair being held the same week end in Nashua Ia. It goes from Friday through Monday. I am going to try to form a local wood working club in our area. I assume that Saturday will be the best day for it but I will be in Amana on that day. So if you happen to think of me on that week end a little prayer that I might get a club started would be nice.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Tom Bussey; 08-27-2023 at 6:35 PM.
    Tom

I wish I had known about this earlier. Some time back we had scheduled a few days in Maine for the LN event and a damn virus got in the way. She would have bought in to this. Instead we will be in down state Indiana for a prearranged trip. All good. Maybe next year.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I'll be there. Love this show, I've been to the last two as well. Looking forward to some fancy caramel corn and smoked meats too.

I forgot about all the talk of smoked meats around the previous Handworks. Now I’m excited for the event, and oddly hungry.