Thread: Looking for coffee table designs

Looking for coffee table designs

I will be making a coffee table for a friend. She would like a secondary shelf a few inches below the top. I'm starting with the legs and considering the various curves I can use. I want grace, not clunkiness. The internet is useful (Google "curved wood table legs ideas") but a book on table design would be helpful as a shop reference. Would like to see if I can do a short cabriole, but that depends on the recipient's taste. Maybe a mock-up leg. Has anyone done this and remember how you proceeded? I've made a couple of mail tables, but so long ago I will have to turn mine over to check the attachment to the apron. Thanks.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Just google coffee table designs

https://www.google.com/search?newwin...&bih=596&dpr=1
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Mike - I've been doing that with Google. "Cabriole leg coffee table design" has supplied a lot of examples in a high-end style. I've ordered a digital download titled "Contemporary Cabriole Legs" from Popular Woodworking. I expect this will have build details. I'm excited about this project.
    I just got the article by Jeff Miller. The table is exquisite.
    Last edited by Bruce Mack; 08-22-2023 at 12:32 PM. Reason: follow-up

4. I think one of the best sources to get inspired is Pinterest, my wife used it to find a lot of ideas to decorate our house and as far as I remember she told me some of the pictures with furniture have links attached so I am sure this will be very helpful.