Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

21 Aug 2023

Greetings,
    It's HOT here and HUMID!!! I've also had to spend $12K to replace my A/C unit!!! No air for several days, but we are in the cool once again. Was out of it on Monday due to being gone for medical tests. I've also been recently diagnosed at Type 2 Diabetic. I'm trying to work on it without adding more drugs with diet and exercise. We'll see how that goes.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Glad you have cool air again, Dennis, despite the cost. Unfortunately, home ownership sometimes throws a wrench...and hits you, um...well...you know where.

This past week or so I've had some shop time when I wasn't doing landscaping cleanup around the back patio where I'm getting ready to eliminate a bunch of dirt and weeds that used to be mulch between the patio and the house in favor of more pavers. It will cut down on the weeding as well as provide more hard surface space. In the shop, I worked on building a simple box which initially will be used to hold our younger daughter's mail while she and her OS are traveling for a couple months. (They gave up their apartment to cut costs while camping in various beautiful places the US has to offer) The box was made from a small piece of cherry crotch I had lying around...there will be a tread about it soon in projects. I also am working on refurbishing an old "park bench" type seating thingie that was left of the front porch of this house by the previous owner. It's perfect for the spot but was starting to fall apart. The metal castings are ok (mostly) but the wood just was no longer serviceable and is being replaced by harder and stiffer white oak. There will be a thread on this one, too.

Only about one week remains before Professor Dr. SWMBO is officially retired at the end of the month....so I've also been investing time in getting my personal health insurance set up as well as taking care of a few other things that need done while she makes this transition.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Spent a bunch of time locating a water line (PVC) that I installed 30 years ago. Method of locating was, dig till you find it. The reason for locating water line is to add a cut off valve. Line was used to feed church next door when they didn't have a well. Cut out over 700 Toys for Tots car bodies. Sunday School class had annual ice cream supper Saturday night. Made a peach cobbler for that. Went to services on Sunday. Tilled up in town garden, and added a load of compost where I will plant collards in a couple weeks. Finally got light fixture installed in TV room. Sprayed (pop corn) a couple damaged spots on ceiling in rental house. Rebuilt carburetor on tiller, as it had picked up some water, and wouldn't run. Cut back yard. Without rain, it had been a few weeks since last cutting.

Finished digging the footings for the new deck. Got the water line repaired and re-routed around the footing. I was gone most of last week. The inspector is coming tomorrow to look at the footing holes. Once he signs off we can backfill, cut rebar and pour concrete.

The rest of the deck materials were delivered yesterday, so I now have all I need to finish it. The footings will be work - 36 60 pound bags of concrete, plus another 27 for the stair landing. It will be a busy weekend!