Thread: Porter Cable Router 75372

Porter Cable Router 75372

Is anyone familiar with Porter Cable router Model 75372 Type 1. I am looking at a used router lift that comes with the P-C 75372 motor. The lift is a JessEm Mast-R-Lift II, which I would love to have. But I'm concerned the router might be too old. I was able to find a manual online from 2004. 20 year old router???
    Any information would be much appreciated.

Vintage PC routers are nearly impossible to break, and if so are easily repaired by a good quality tool repair facility. I have 40 year old PC routers in my shop.
    Regards,

Tom

Do you have a way to measure runout? If so, I'd take my micrometer to the purchase and measure runout with a shaft I know has good concentricity. If the runout is good, I'd have no problems purchasing if the price was fair. Anything that old and still running is proof enough it's built to last.

I still have my dad's old Porter Cable hammer drill that is 30+ years old and still runs like a champ.

Thanks Tom. I think I'll check it out and see how well it runs. I looked up a couple replacement parts (bearings, brushes) and they are still available.

Mike

Thanks for the reply. The think the price is fair, $300 for router and lift. I'm going to take a look at it. Not sure if I can measure the runout. I might be able to setup my digital depth gage to check for variations.

Mike