Thread: Slider parallel positioner

Slider parallel positioner

I have a Minimax SC4E slider. A couple of years ago I put Proscale DROs on the crosscut fence stops. I also added a parallel positioner using an Incra positioner. The Incra worked fine but it's heavy, bulky and kind of fussy to read and set. I started a conversation with one of the engineers at Accurate Technology and we determined the Proscale 590 positioner would probably work for what I wanted. They made some minor changes and sent it to me for testing (I paid for the hardware). The result is pretty good. It's more compact and a lot lighter than the Incra, and has the same accuracy as the Proscales on the crosscut fence. Quick and easy to calibrate if needed. Later I added a stick on tape measure and acrylic cursor for rapid positioning. Pictures:

Parallel positioner (3).jpgParallel positioner (4).jpgParallel positioner (5).jpgPositioner cursor close.jpg

That's an elegant solution. I've used the incra a bit on my sc4e and had the same complaints about it being a bit bulky and heavy.
    --Mike Roberts

That's a great looking solution!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like it. I'd be interested in this solution.
    chris

That is pretty slick. Any idea if the Proscale stuff works with Felder as well?
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry