Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Harvey using Bait and switch pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Would a "Business" being run from a house (using the residential address) still be considered a "Commercial Address"?
    I occasionally use the name of my business and inadvertently found there are perks for using it... The local Grainger people told me about the perks, (at least with their company).
    No, it generally would not since it's likely zoned residential by the local jurisdiction. You may have permissible use for a home-based business (generally with certain restrictions in a residential zone), but it's not Commercial based on the "where". (I'm a member of a local jurisdiction Planning Commission and this stuff comes up from time to time)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    No, it generally would not since it's likely zoned residential by the local jurisdiction. You may have permissible use for a home-based business (generally with certain restrictions in a residential zone), but it's not Commercial based on the "where". (I'm a member of a local jurisdiction Planning Commission and this stuff comes up from time to time)
    Thank You... I didn't think I could, but I wanted to make certain.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

I think there is a general assumption that in a real commercial area, there would be provisions for large trucks, things like loading docks and/or forklifts, etc., which are unlikely in a residential area. Hence, the potential discounts for delivery services. One way I've handled this is to pick up large machinery at the truck terminal which eliminates the last mile delivery costs from the carrier. At our old property, I could get sheet goods delivery practically to the shop door; here at the new place, I'll have to have them deliver to my utility trailer and put that to the shop with the Big Orange Power Tool since there's no "driveway" to the shop doors.

Now with Harvey, the delivery of the G700 was handled really well...lift gate and the LTL delivery driver wheeled it right up the garage where my temporary shop was at the time. He was actually a woodworker, so we chatted for a bit.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It certainly pays to check shipping costs. I think some sellers make their money on what they charge for shipping. Although shipping has gone up, what was once $15 is now $25 .