Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squirrels Aargh!!!

“Bitrex” ,the worlds most bitter substance, will stop them . It can be mixed into paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I can confirm that they taste like chicken.
    Doesn't everything taste like chicken? When I was in grad school (1980), a new student from Taiwan was assigned to our lab and he got sick, quite literally, while eating his first bite of a McDonald's hamburger that someone bought for him since he never had one; it turns out he had never had onions, as he took the sandwich apart and asked what they were. Afterwards, the topic of unusual foods came up, and he offered that he had eaten RAT meat, and that it tasted like chicken and was real tender since they scurry about (which I would have thought would make them tough, but I'll take his word on all of it).

Jim Thorpe's favorite meal was fried squirrel with gravy. Squirrel hunting for food was one of his greatest pleasures.

Search youtube for squirrel trebuchets Launch them into your neighbor's yard :-)

They is some pretty smart critters (sorry for video quality...pretty old)

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Search youtube for squirrel trebuchets Launch them into your neighbor's yard :-)
    That is too funny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    That is too funny
    The really funny part is the squirrels come right back because they enjoy it.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    The really funny part is the squirrels come right back because they enjoy it.

jtk
    Willy-nilly they all become "flying squirrels".

Blog Entries

Update on the Squirrel front

Apparently the aluminum pieces I put into the bottoms of the siding cornier pieces have defeated the Fuzzy Tail. There has been no sign of it since I installed the pieces on September 3. All six corner pieces are now equipped with the same barrier.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

". . . he offered that he had eaten RAT meat, and that it tasted like chicken . . . "

I saw a video
    several years ago that demonstrated how to prepare a rat to look like chicken with double the legs. It involves using a blow torch to scorch off the hair, quartering, and discarding the head and tail. It was purportedly a scene from a street food vendor in an Asian country.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Blog Entries
    People call them squirrels. I call them tree rats. I keep a .410 shotgun and a 22 rifle at the back door for tree rats, snakes and armadillos.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Blog Entries
    Funny, we have no problem with our squirrels, but chipmunks seem to our issue, chewing to get into our garage and tunneling under the garage slab and around our foundations.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    People call them squirrels. I call them tree rats. I keep a .410 shotgun and a 22 rifle at the back door for tree rats, snakes and armadillos.
    Are armadillos a problem?

Blog Entries
    George, our big outdoor cat, seems to like the taste of chipmunks more than squirrel.

He usually eats all but the tail of the chipmunks but leaves about half of a squirrel.

Did You Know.jpg

Ducking under the table now…

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Are armadillos a problem?

YES...YES...YES. They will destroy your lawn, tunnel under the foundation of your house, tunnel under your A/C unit, and gas tank. In South Carolina, it is illegal to relocate them. If you trap one, you are required to kill it. We have killed about 7 in our yard.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    YES...YES...YES. They will destroy your lawn, tunnel under the foundation of your house, tunnel under your A/C unit, and gas tank. In South Carolina, it is illegal to relocate them. If you trap one, you are required to kill it. We have killed about 7 in our yard.
    In Texas we can keep them as pets, but if they cross the Red River.... well, I understand the carpet bombing is quite effective in Arkansas.