Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments....

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments....

04 Sep 2023

Greetings,
    I guess I missed last week's posting! I do forget from time to time and I tend to make family a priority choice since my day job requires so much of my time and effort. One day, I'll be retired....I hope.
    The new A/C system is working great and now it's time to settle in on the "making payments" part of this whole deal. So glad I don't have a vehicle payment of any kind, which allows me a bit less stress in paying for the new A/C system. The recent temptation of cooler temps is strongly stirring my heart to get back in the shop. Now I just need the cooler temps to "stick" and stop the kick back up into the 90+ temps again.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    Finished another segmented bowl this week and sold my first bowl I had on display at a nice gallery.
    I am sure my bowls will sell for really big bucks someday, the problem is I will need to be dead for at least 50 years for that to maybe come true
    calabrese55

DSCF4195.jpgDSCF4198.jpgDSCF4188.jpg
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

Glad the "cool" is working well, Dennis. Yea, not inexpensive, but so important for quality of life, IMHO.

Mike, you really nailed the visual aesthetics with that segmentation method that really features the charoyance in a very big way! Congrats on the sale!

This past week included a little woodworking, albeit primarily finishing as I got back to a guitar body I mistakenly tried to hand-apply some tinted EM6500 last summer when I only had the temporary gara-shop and no good ability to spray. Sanded it back, re primed and shot the color on the back and sides, remasked to work on a burst on the VG D-Fir top which is partially complete. The other project was outside the shop but related...I finally got to the electrical work in the storage shed. When the shop went up, I ran a line over to the shed, but at that point there was too much stuff in there to be able to deal with the outlets and lighting. It's now done. Of course, I had to be "fancy" and put a three way switch setup in for the light because there are two doors on the shed...one in front and one on the side at the other end. But the deed is done and this year, I'll be able to keep a tender on the ZTR for the three months of not-mowing in "winter" as well as be able to see stuff in the space. Now I just have to further clean it up as there is still a little material that need to go to the shop and a bunch of music gear I need to, um...gear up...and sell someday along with a bunch of gas operated landscaping tools that will never be used...by me...again.

I do intend to spend a bunch of time in the shop this week as it's hot and humid with record or near record temps, so "indoor sports" are the best choice.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...