Thread: Spring Hinge Feather Board for ReSaw on Bandsaw

Spring Hinge Feather Board for ReSaw on Bandsaw

Made this "feather board" for re-saw on bandsaw. Works good and handy when re-sawing a long board.

The pressure comes from spring hinges. The hinges maintain uniform pressure over a range of 1 inch which allows for lots of variation in wood thickness. The spring tension on the hinges is adjustable. The hinges are D&D Technologies TruClose® Gate Hinges, Model TCA3S3RC, available from Home Depot, Amazon, and others.

Details and demo starting at 1m43s in this video https://youtu.be/S3L-7cU1kAo

Bandsaw Long.jpg

Bandsaw Long (1).jpg

Another well done video Steven. Very innovative. I also appreciate the lack of music and extraneous chatter.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

A very nice piece of equipment. Thanks for sharing it.

Steven,
    You are so good at making fixtures and explaining how they work without all the Hoopla. Thanks for all you do. I always look forward to your ideas as they are so very useful.
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

Love the simplicity! Adding this to my to-do list.

Very smart. These look like they should adjust a lot better to rough stock, which is something I've been feeding into bandsaw for resawing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew More View Post
    Very smart. These look like they should adjust a lot better to rough stock, which is something I've been feeding into bandsaw for resawing lately.
    ‘That wide range of adjustment for rough stock was my main goal. With a traditional feather board I have to run the board through thickness planer before re-saw, which is annoying.

Great looking hold in. Creative use of those hinges.... Also appreciate the video format, sparing us the tedious "build video", and instead covering the important details intelligently as a fellow adult.

Really cool.