Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments.....

11 Sep 2023

Greetings,
    Been crazy busy at the day job but I am enjoying some of the work that I've been involved with. Managed a small ww'ing craft in the shop this week for a friend of mine. Good thing the temp outside was only in the 80's for the day I was in there. I'm so looking forward to cooler temps and time back in the shop for making a few projects. I'm hoping this time, I can get my newly purchased machines installed and piped into the dust collection system and 220V power ran to each machine.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Picked up 230 BF of 4/4 HM.
    Let it sit a week as humidity climbed to 70% over 7 days
    Cut it down into manageable lengths and re-stacked it better
    Humidity hit 86% in the garage the day before new dehumidifier showed up
    Set up Dehumidifier down to 50% over 2 days.
    Leaving everything stacked well for 7 days before 75% milling.(will then let it sit another week before final)

'Glad you got in the shop, Dennis.

I spent a little time in mind, too, and it was great, with two projects going at the moment. One is to move along a guitar build that I started a long time ago and one was altering a new bird cage for our smallest bird so it's the same height as the other two cages we have. See, we gave a soft landing to two more Cockatiels, Pebbles and BamBam, this past week as an acquaintance is making a long distance move and can't take any of their menagerie with them. (they are both female despite the name one has) Our smallest bird, a Budgie named Kashie is alone now because her cage mate passed away two weeks ago. The two new birds came to us in a horrible cage...not in quality, but in configuration...so we decided they would be better served in the larger cage that Kashie was in and it matches the cage that our other Cockatiel named Sammula is already in for many years now. (I'm anal, what can I say?) So I made "leg extensions" to raise up the new, smaller cage to the same height out of some scrap oak, painted them white and added an additional shelf from some left-over melamine. I'll be posting a thread on the guitar build eventually, but here are some photos of the cage update.

Extensions adding 8" of height...they slip into the square tubing at the bottom and are drilled out for the metal connectors that secure into the actual cage

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

And the whole condo setup where their human servants can take care of every demand they make.

IMG_E5689.jpg

This week I'm continuing work on the guitar project and considering what comes next, although with some cooler, non-humid days coming over the next while, it may be non-shop, landscaping things for a bit.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...