Thread: Add-on tire pressure monitoring systems

Add-on tire pressure monitoring systems

Anyone have experience or recommendations for add-on tire pressure monitoring systems? - the kind where the sensors screw onto the accessible ends of the valve stems. (A Scotty Kilmer video about them with an out-of-date link to an Amazon page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QPO8fqKZc )

I added a system from Tucson that handles the 6 wheels on my truck and four on the trailer. It seems to work well, it came with a repeater that transmits the signals from the trailer up to the truck. In this system you swap out the valve stems for the TPMS stems. I looked at ones that screwed onto the outside of an existing valve stem but that really looked like a problem waiting to happen; I didn't trust that those screw connections would remain airtight and access to the inside dually tire is always a pain. There's another variety that straps onto the wheel using a long airplane clamp. I was just as happy to replace my aging rubber valve stems with the very robust appearing brass ones that came with the Tucson system.

I have a 5th wheel RV and use the TireMinder screw on TPMS system. These work well being 20+ feet behind my truck. I have the pass through sensors which allow you to fill the tires without having to remove the sensors.

These do not integrate with the GM OEM display. The Tire Minder system can be purchased with a small display or can use a smart phone to monitor the pressures and tire heat.

I used FOBO Tire ones, which were screw on, and they seemed very accurate and I didn't have any issues with leaks.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

On the dually and trailer, I use a hammer.