Thread: Makita LS1013 won't adjust left/right bevel

Makita LS1013 won't adjust left/right bevel

I have a LIKE NEW - really! Makita LS1013 that I've used a hand full of times and I'm the original owner. Today I needed to adjust the left right bevel tilt for the 1st time. It won't move past 5 degrees left or right. It might be broken and came from the factory this way. Any ideas about how to resolve, before I get in my car and drive an hour to drop it at Makita?

I loosened the main bolt and it should move more than 5 degrees, right? I need another 40 degrees....lol.

So far, I've loosened & tightened all the screws and now they are back in what I believe are their original positions.

20230921_112254.jpg
    Last edited by Hillary Marks; 09-21-2023 at 2:34 PM.

Any fences out of the way? cutting head in up position? Check for wood chips lodged, preventing movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Wood View Post
    Any fences out of the way? cutting head in up position? Check for wood chips lodged, preventing movement.
    Thanks for your reply,

No fences in the way, cutting head in down position (isn't it supposed to be down?), no wood chips.

Adjust with the head up. There may be a detent- push harder to get past the 5˚ point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Wood View Post
    Adjust with the head up. There may be a detent- push harder to get past the 5˚ point.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!! There is a detent! I was just about to head out the door. You just saved me 2 hours drive time + gas!!! Thank you. It worked! DUGH!

Happy sawing.